Poll

Should I make it a Marathon?

Yes... review all episodes.
No... no intrest in a Xena Marathon Post

Author Topic: Xena: Warrior Princess  (Read 2030 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Xena: Warrior Princess
« on: November 18, 2009, 04:49:13 PM »
I don't know how many people here is a fan of this show... curios about it... or just don't care one way or the other. But I watched the pilot episode last night out of the set I got from mom's DVD collection. And I was wondering if there was any interest in a Marathon post where I review each of the episodes.

Please keep in mind if so... this will be a slow-paced marathon. As I have several others I am doing at the same time. I would post the reviews on a disc by disc basis until I get through all 6 seasons. But as I said... would take my time on it as I have several other marathons going at the same time... One of which must be completed before the end of the month

My Marathons
- November Alphabet Marathon (this one must be completed this month)
- Pete's Pilots
- Sliders (No... I have not forgotten this one!)
- Twilight Zone 1959 (This one is an extremely slow going one... but I have not quite it!)
- Due South

So what do you think? It sure wouldn't hurt anything for me to add it to the list.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 05:57:45 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Xena: Warrior Princess
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »
But as I said... would take my time on it as I have several other marathons going at the same time... One of which must be completed before the end of the month

My Marathons
- November Alphabet Marathon (this one must be completed this month)
- Pete's Pilots
- Sliders (No... I have not forgotten this one!)
- Twilight Zone 1959 (This one is an extremely slow going one... but I have not quite it!)

So what do you think? It sure wouldn't hurt anything for me to add it to the list.

You forgot "Due South" ;)
We still have that one open.

As for the Xena marathon: I have no strong opinion either way. I have never watched an episode. But if you decide to do it, I will of course read your reviews :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:57:27 PM »
Ah.,.. yes... Due South... I wonder how that one slipped my mind!

Probably because I was a bit disappointed in what I have seen so far in the second season. It just didn't hold up for me. But I am not going to give up on it. First post fixed to show for that one as well! :)
Pete

Critter

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:42:22 PM »
Pete I would personally love to see a Xena marathon from you. Much like Buffy I grew up watching this show. To me it never gets old and I will always hold a special place for those characters.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:48:54 PM »
Settled then... I will be sure to put up a review thread.

I am too old to say I grew up on the show.  :P But I do remember I enjoyed it. Gabrielle was always my favorite character... thought she was right cute. Yes... that is all it takes for me!  :P

But you know... I haven't seen anything from Renee O'Connor since. Is she still acting? Looking at IMDB it seems so... but I never seen anything she was in since.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:51:07 PM »
I am looking forward to the reviews of the two musical episodes  :tease:

Critter

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »
But you know... I haven't seen anything from Renee O'Connor since. Is she still acting? Looking at IMDB it seems so... but I never seen anything she was in since.

You have a point there. I've seen Lucy Lawless in many things but Renee seemed to dissappear for a bit.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 10:40:29 PM »
I am looking forward to the reviews of the two musical episodes  :tease:

hmmm... that is odd... those 2 episodes seems to be missing from my sets!  :tease:
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 08:59:56 AM »

Bitch Slap: Starring Xena, Gabrielle, Hercules & Iolaus. ;)

I'd participate as long as we take it slowly. I, too, have three marathons open (BSG, Buffy, Farscape) but sadly I am currently not in the mood for any of these, especially because the new TV season is so time-consuming.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 11:10:10 AM »
It will definitely be slow. I don't know how slow... but being 6 seasons... it could take a while! Yesterday I finished disc 1 of season 1. But now I am working on the next disc of Sliders as I want to work on all my marathons (plus watch new stuff as well).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 11:30:20 PM »
I was going through all the TV Series marathons I have done on the site... and I found some more I need to continue now that I added more seasons to my collection...

My Marathons
- November Alphabet Marathon (this one must be completed this month... 1 movie left to Review!)
- Pete's Pilots
- Sliders (Season 4 left to Review... Season 5 not on DVD)
- Twilight Zone 1959 (Part of Season 3 on yet to Review)
- Due South (Part of Season 2 on yet to Review)
- Ghost Whisperer (Season 3 episodes to Review)
- Medium (Season 4 Episodes to Review)
- Smallville (Season 7 & 8 [should ship soon]to Review)

At least this gives me more options of things to watch and work on some TV Series review.
Pete