Author Topic: Yellow Submarine remake  (Read 1855 times)

ninehours

Yellow Submarine remake
« on: November 09, 2009, 06:17:54 AM »
Not sure what i think of this  :-\

BBC

Critter

Re: Yellow Submarine remake
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 06:38:33 AM »
Man I'm sick of that motion capture technique. I don't mind it if it's incorporated into a film but when it's the whole film it just seems lazy. I agree I'm not too sure about this remake either.

snowcat

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:46:44 AM »
Interesting :S I don't think this needs a remake, but then does anything ever truly need remaking?

its weird that they thought hmm, Olympic games! remake Yellow Submarine!!

Robbert Zemeckis is a hit and miss director, Back to the Future was brilliant, but his recent films have been a bit lacking, especially Polar Express... who knows :S maybe this will be good, I hope it is because I love the original.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 02:45:10 PM »
Some thing doesn't even worth a comment :thumbdown:
What next? A remake of Citizen Kane? A Soylent Green remake?

A lot of people doesn't care for actual cinema, I wonder why ::)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 04:19:31 PM »
What next? A remake of Citizen Kane? A Soylent Green remake?

You aren't that far off. There is apparently a "The Third Man" remake planned. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire. Screenplay by Steven Knight.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 05:43:18 PM »
You aren't that far off. There is apparently a "The Third Man" remake planned. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire. Screenplay by Steven Knight.
:weep:

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »
:weep:

I actually feel ill.

lyonsden5

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 06:45:41 PM »
At least with all these remakes it will give Pete something to watch  :tease: :laugh:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 07:32:24 PM »
Hi. My name is Kathy and I like remakes. :bag:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 07:46:28 PM »
At least with all these remakes it will give Pete something to watch  :tease: :laugh:
:hysterical:
Hi. My name is Kathy and I like remakes. :bag:
This isn't that I've something against the remake in general, The Thing is a remake and this is probably one of the best horror movie ever made. My problem is that most of them are uninspired, unecessary and poorly made by first time director or low grade director. Why remake a movie if you can't do it better and already know it? It's a trend who had already pass her welcoming a long time ago, just like the new 3D craze that will die as all the precedent attempt soon.

Independant cinema is always strong and original, but studio production had died a long time ago. Is it a sign of health when most of your movies are forgotten in less than a month? When you had to use again an old gimmick from the fifties? When 90% of your target audience is the PG-13 crowd?...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:48:51 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 07:47:05 PM »
At least with all these remakes it will give Pete something to watch  :tease: :laugh:

Didn't watch the original... and won't watch the remake.  :P
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 12:37:52 AM »
I'm not against remakes per se either. Before my interest moved towards movies, I was a theatre buff, and I have seen countless "remakes" of certain plays (personal record: about 20 productions of Hamlet). In the case of "The Third Man": The Welles movie was already a remake of Greene's novel; there were also radio plays, IIRC. Thus it sounds more shocking than it actually is.
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 01:02:25 AM »
Remakes can be good. Very good sometimes, but all to often they point to a lack of ideas. The Third Man was made in the studio system for the right reasons. The radio shows were very common then for many books and films, often using the same actors throughout, such as Welles as Lime. There's a commitment to character and theme that simply can't be matched now in these days of drive-by-filmmaking.