Author Topic: Deep Discount 2 for 1 sale  (Read 4825 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Discount 2 for 1 sale
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 10:50:44 PM »
That is a cool feature... wish something like that would be added for DeepDiscount or Amazon! or at least I think I do!  :P
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 11:00:13 PM »
That is a cool feature... wish something like that would be added for DeepDiscount or Amazon! or at least I think I do!  :P
For Amazon: there is: http://sakapo.doena-soft.de/

I wrote it myself. It's only in german though, but it does work with amazon.com, too.  :P

But my list is rather short these days and I am honestly glad for it: http://sakapo.doena-soft.de/publicprofile.php?user=DJ%20Doena
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 11:04:07 PM »
Ah, but Find DVD is even more cruel. It compares prices across dozens of sites, so when one gets flagged, you more than likely get dragged into som sort of special offer, multiple deal.

For instance, I waited ages for Blood Diamond 2-disc to dip below £7 and it came up the other day at HMV for £6.99. But actually, it was in the three for £18 offer! The buggers! I decided to be sensible and stick with the one title though.  :surrender:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 05:42:43 PM »
This stuff always comes up after I promise not to buy any more dvds. I can't buy any more till the new year. :(

OK... so I lied... I was doing some Christmas shopping at deepdiscount... and I just couldn't help myself... I ended up ordering myself...

- Bones: Season 2
- Picket Fences: Season 1

Picked Fences is a complete blind buy... but I had to give it a shot... after all the series does have Holly Marie Combs in it!  :drooling:

But I shouldn't have done it... I am a bad boy!  :suicide:
Pete

EnryWiki

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 09:33:28 PM »
This stuff always comes up after I promise not to buy any more dvds. I can't buy any more till the new year. :(

www.find-dvd.co.uk does that to me all the time. Their price watch alert system is great and I use it like a wish list. You add titles and the price you want it to drop to before buying. When it hits your target price, you get an email. Which is actually a subtle form of torture! "Price Alert from Find DVD" appears in the inbox. ARGH!  :-[

I have just started using the find-dvd tool and it's cool.  8)  I've set the "price I want" at roughly two thirds of the present minimum price.  I don't know if and when prices will get that low though!  :yucky:
I would also like to get the alert only if the low price is at an online shop I actually use, not all the shops in the find-dvd list.

Najemikon

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 09:47:30 PM »
I have just started using the find-dvd tool and it's cool.  8)  I've set the "price I want" at roughly two thirds of the present minimum price.  I don't know if and when prices will get that low though!  :yucky:
I would also like to get the alert only if the low price is at an online shop I actually use, not all the shops in the find-dvd list.

Yes, that would be good. Also, you have to be a bit savvy sometimes. Blood Diamond 2-disc hit £6.99, but what it couldn't tell me was that HMV also had it in a 3 for £18, effectively making it even less. My target was £7, but if it had been £6, I wouldn't have got the alert, despite HMV being capable of offering that. But I'm splitting hairs! It's proved to be an invaluable site. An expensive one, true...  :slaphead:

By the way, welcome to the forums! :thumbup: It is traditional for new users to have a welcome point. Good luck getting one! Maybe if you beg? I'm kidding! I'll hook you up...  :tease:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 11:17:27 PM »
I'll hook you up...

That makes you the happy hooker! :devil:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »
PLaced my first order with Deep Discount yesterday.

R1Can - Live Free or Die Hard
R1Can - Northern Exposure: The Complete Series Giftset
R1Can - Roswell - Season 3
R1Can - Space: Above and Beyond

lyonsden5

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 02:24:43 AM »

RossRoy

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 04:08:25 AM »
Me and my poor self control :surrender:

I finally gave in and ordered:
- Millenium Seasons 1,2&3
- Dead Like Me Seasons 1?2
- Flyboys (to complete the 2 for 1)

~86$, shipping to Can included (not counting customs fee). Not too bad, and none of those were on my wishlist, so no danger!  ;D

EnryWiki

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 08:26:21 AM »
Yes, that would be good. Also, you have to be a bit savvy sometimes. Blood Diamond 2-disc hit £6.99, but what it couldn't tell me was that HMV also had it in a 3 for £18, effectively making it even less. My target was £7, but if it had been £6, I wouldn't have got the alert, despite HMV being capable of offering that. But I'm splitting hairs! It's proved to be an invaluable site. An expensive one, true...  :slaphead:

And for those living in countries other than the UK there is some more math to do, as the shipping fees can vary.
Sometimes they are the same as to the UK  or just free for everyone (as with Play.com), but sometimes they are more expensive for other European countries, while Find-DVD shows the postal charges to the UK.

By the way, welcome to the forums! :thumbup: It is traditional for new users to have a welcome point. Good luck getting one! Maybe if you beg? I'm kidding! I'll hook you up...  :tease:

I've just discovered this site, it seems to be the perfect companion to... the other one, you know what I mean!

Thanks for the welcome, say Hi to Scarlet  :cheers: