Author Topic: Pete's Pilots  (Read 62598 times)

snowcat

Re: Pete's Pilots
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2009, 07:34:54 PM »
Interesting, im not to bothered about it being the same, but id like to see the series... Ill try and watch the pilot!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »

Blood Ties
After witnessing a horrific demonic murder at the side of a Toronto roadway, private investigator Vicki Nelson finds herself on a collision course with another citizen investigating the case. He is Henry Fitzroy – former Duke of Richmond, cutting-edge graphic novelist and 470-year-old vampire. To solve the brutal murder, Vicki finds herself collaborating, against her better judgment, with the suave and seductive Fitzroy. The relationship soon progresses beyond a purely professional arrangement, complicating her long-term love affair with ex-partner Detective Mike Celluci.....and pretty well everything else in her life.

Blood Prince Parts 1 & 2
Part 1
When ex-cop turned private investigator, Vicki Nelson, happens upon the scene of a terrifying murder, she's hired by the victim's girlfriend to prove that her boyfriend was killed by a vampire. As Vicki pursues the investigation further, she crosses paths with someone else investigating the case fir his own reasons.

Part 2
Vicki finds that her most dangerous mission might be to sort out her romantic feelings for her ex-partner on the force, Mike Celluci, and for her new partner, the dashing vampire, Henry Fitzroy.

My Thoughts:
This is a show I bought blind this past month for my horror marathon. This is the first chance I got to watch any of it. I enjoyed the 2 part pilot... I am just trying to decide how much. It definitely could be better... but at the same time it is a pretty good introduction to the characters. I have a feeling it will grow on me more as I watch the episodes.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »
I also bought it blind this week. I didn't realize you also bought it recently. Maybe it will be the next series I will watch.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 09:06:02 PM »
Yup I saw you picked it up... but lucky you got a complete series set... I only got a Season 1 set.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2009, 09:11:15 PM »
Yup I saw you picked it up... but lucky you got a complete series set... I only got a Season 1 set.

Mine also says "The Complete First Season". But it contains all 22 episodes. Guess the Brits put all episodes in one season for their release.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2009, 09:31:39 PM »
Not sure why they split ours up
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2009, 11:06:26 PM »
Ironically enough, earlier today I happened to look up the Birds of Prey set at Amazon.com to see if it had come down in price again and it's nearly about what it's been...around $27 or so, if I recall correctly.  I'm waiting for that magical $20 price sticker to appear  ;D

I got it from Amazon for about $20 early this year during some sale.  So it does drop every so often.

I also really like the show, though I know some people who liked the comics didn't care for it as much.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 11:37:59 PM »
I have watched the first part of the "Blood Ties" pilot now and it does seem like it could be a good series. Not great but definately worth to watch further.
Although I am disappointed with the DVD release. It has non-anamorphic widescreen picture. In my opinion there is no excuse for a 2008 release to be non-anamorphic  :redcard:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »

Blue Collar TV
Ep: Family

Those goodl' boys are good 'n' funneeee. Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy and Bill Engvall of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour team with a gifted ensemble to git-'r-done in this 2-disc, 13-Episode Season One Volume One of the down-home skit series, delivering some of the biggest laughs on either-side of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Each episode's got a theme - like "Naked", "Family" or "Getting Sick". Now if'n you've never been i a birthday suit, never known anyone who had a momma or poppa, or never had a day when your temperature wasn't 98.8 and the day you were born was the last time you ever saw a doctor, maybe this isn't for you. But if you HAVE, stick around. And dig into an all-you-can-watch buffet of hilarious TV/movie parodies, the redneck dictionary, guest and clever stand-up riffs tighter than bark on a tree. Y'all have a good time now!

My Thoughts:
This show has always been a lot of fun to me. One of my favorite skit shows. Sure it is not for everyone... but where I was raised around rednecks pretty much my whole life their jokes seem tailored made for me. Though some of their stuff... while funny... still is a little too vulgar for my taste at times.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2009, 02:15:25 PM »

The Bob Newhart Show
In this hilarious sitcom from the '70s, Bob Newhart stars as Dr. Robert Hartley, a successful Chicago psychologist specializing in group therapy sessions. Bob's patience is often tested by his patients - including a paranoid grouch with a persecution complex, a hen-pecked husband, and an emotional eater - all trying to "find themselves." Even at home with his wife Emily, Bob is surrounded by an assortment of nutty and neurotic neighbors. But if laughter is the best therapy, you can be sure the good doctor and those who love him make a little progress every day!

Fly the Unfriendly Skies
Bob's delight at having Emily accompany his "Fear of Flying" workshop to New York City turns to distress when he learns she's absolutely terrified to fly.

My Thoughts:
I used to really enjoy this show years ago. But it unfortunately is not as good as I remember it being. Sure it is still somewhat fun. But it is not a show I could watch many episodes in one sitting like I do most series. The pilot episode is pretty good. Not a real introduction to the characters really... more like it just jumps right in. If you were to see this on TV as a rerun unless you really knew the show you wouldn't be able to instantly know it is the pilot... as it could have fit in anywhere in the series. The pilot episode has a guest appearance by Penny Marshal as the flight attendant.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2009, 03:10:19 PM »

Bones
David Boreanaz (Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) stars as F.B.I. Agent Seeley Booth, who teams up with forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel) to solve some of the most baffling and bizarre crimes ever. Booth depends on clues from the living, witnesses and suspects, while Brennan gathers evidence from the dead, relying on her uncanny ability to read clues left behind in the bones of the victims. Their different investigative styles cause the two to frequently clash, creating an undeniable chemistry and just the right touch of dark humor. Inspired by real-life forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs and state-of-the-art criminal invenstigation procedures, Bones is compelling, cutting-edge television.

Pilot:
Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan teams up with FBI agent Seeley Booth to investigate the murder of a Senate intern, the political implications of which may prove to be staggering.

My Thoughts:
This is an awesome series with a great cast. It was a bit weird seeing Brennan's old boss from the first season again. While I enjoyed it I do prefer her new boss now. This is another show where I was left wanting to watch more episodes. Definitely a series I highly recommend.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »

Booker
Richard Grieco stars as Dennis Booker, a rebellious ex-cop who leaves the beat to work for a private investigation agency owned by a large corporate conglomerate in this acclaimed 21 Jump Street spinoff series. Booker's offbeat appearance and resistance to authority brands him a renegade investigator in the eyes of his straight laced colleagues.

Booker (Pilot Episode)
Booker gets a corporate security job. His secretary, Elaine, requires help in clearing a man she recently helped convict while serving on a jury.

My Thoughts:
While not as good as 21 Jump Street this is a good series. It did take me a while to get used to this character in his own series... since he was never a character I cared much about in the first series. But I was happy I gave it a chance. He does grow on you. The pilot episode (and a couple others) has some help from cast from 21 Jump Street. Both Peter DeLuise (Doug Penhal) and Steven Williams (Capt. Fuller) are guest stars in this series. I also enjoyed seeing Marcia Strassman (M*A*S*H, Welcome Back Kotter) in a series again.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »

The Brady Bunch
Here's the story... The COMPLETE story of America's most beloved TV sitcom family, The Brady Bunch©! This groovy and far-out collector's edition features all 117 hilarious episodes on 20 discs plus a special bonus disc featuring new-to-DVD Brady gems: The Brady 500, A Very Brady Christmas, and two episodes from The Brady Kids animated TV series!

You'll want to re-live the laughs again and again!

It's the way they became The Brady Bunch™!

The Honeymoon
Mike Brady (Robert Reed), a widower with three boys, marries Carol Ann Tyler Martin (Florence Henderson), a widow with three girls. But just as the knot is tied, chaos breaks loose as the family pets wreak havoc on the ceremony. Mike and Carol admonish their children for the chaos - and then spend a fretful wedding night feeling guilty about their overreaction.

My Thoughts:
While The Brady Bunch was never a favorite sitcom of mine... it is a big part of my childhood (there was no way not seeing this back then) so it does hold some nostalgic value... even to me. The kids are definitely too goody goody for my taste... and everything was almost always (other then 2 part episodes) solved within the half hour episode. But it is kinda fun sitting back and watching it again now... just for kicks and to make fun of. Like in the pilot episode here... during the wedding the dog gets out of the car by stepping on the automatic window control. Only problem... right above his paw is the window crank where the car didn't have automatic windows. And that is just a minor blunder. I am not even going to go into the problems with the storyline. But as I said... it is fun to watch just for laughs when I am in the mood for something silly and nostalgic.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »

The Buccaneers
Set in the West Indies in the 1720's, The Buccaneers told the rousing tale of reformed pirate Dan Tempest (Robert Shaw), who had been the leader of a band of freebooters in the British Caribbean province of New Providence, as he battled against buccaneers and Spanish attack after being persuaded by Lt. Beamish (Peter Hammond), the new deputy governor, to switch sides and fight on behalf of the Crown.

Blackbeard
A new British governor arrives at the port of New Providence assigned the task of bringing law and order to the British colony. Authorized to grant pardons to any buccaneers swearing allegiance to the Crown, Governor Rogers faces some resistance from Blackbeard.

My Thoughts:
While an enjoyable series... I don't care for this one quite as much as I do The Adventures of Robin Hood. But then I never been that huge on pirates anyway. Plus this lacks the comedy I enjoyed so much in The Adventures of Robin Hood.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Now you can own the entire first season of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.

All 12 classic episodes are available for the first time in this exclusive 3-disc collector's edition. From "Welcome to the Hellmouth," "The Harvest" and "Angel" to "Nightmares," "Out of Mind, Out of Sight" and "Prophecy Girl," these Season One episodes are a must for every true Buffy fan.

Welcome to the Hellmouth
Buffy Summers, a high school sophomore, transfers to Sunnydale High. There she meets her new "Watcher" and learns she cannot escape her true destiny.

The Harvest
A stranger named Angel tells Buffy that if she does not stop The Harvest, the Hellmouth will open and The Master will roam free.

My Thoughts:
This is one of my top favorite series of all time. And this 2-part episode does a great job of introducing all the characters. Not saying to much here as I believe most people know this series. Will just say I highly recommend it.

My Rating:
Pete