Author Topic: African Queen Blu-ray?!?  (Read 1880 times)

lyonsden5

African Queen Blu-ray?!?
« on: October 22, 2009, 11:23:54 PM »
Amazon now has The African Queen listed  http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=68981

Prompted me to do a quick search:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=68981

A favorite movie of mine (and probably most here - if you've seen it). Anybody hear anything about this?

Rogmeister

Re: African Queen Blu-ray?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:14:29 AM »
I've not heard anything but the one DVD website I usually go to is one that only covers TV.  If this is true, I hope it also gets a regular DVD release since I live in North America and we've yet to get an official release of this film, as far as I know.

Rogmeister

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »
I happened to go over to Amazon.com today and saw both blu-ray and DVD copies listed.  The DVD copy is currently priced at $19.99 with the blu-ray about $8 more.  There were no details on extras.  This is definitely one movie I've been wanting for a long time.  I even have the book on the making of the film that Katharine Hepburn wrote.  :thumbup:

lyonsden5

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 05:38:28 PM »
Wasn't aware of the book. Might have to grab that...

THANKS!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 07:52:56 AM »
This movie is so "hyped", I jusdt may have to get it. (Seen it once, but too long ago to effectively remember.)

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 11:40:18 AM »
I've seen it once and didn't really like it. I keep meaning to give it another go. It seemed a bit like The Quiet Man for me; everyone loves it, but I found it pointless... :bag:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »
I've seen it once and didn't really like it. I keep meaning to give it another go. It seemed a bit like The Quiet Man for me; everyone loves it, but I found it pointless... :bag:

Heh. I thought it was okay, but really not that special to warrant all the hype. A bit like The Wicker Man, the production history is far more interesting than the movie.  :P
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 08:08:09 PM »
I ain't biting...  ;)