Author Topic: Well... Today was not fun at all  (Read 7635 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Well... Today was not fun at all
« on: October 09, 2009, 12:22:29 AM »
Well... today was not fun at all. I no sooner watch the one movie today (The Body Snatcher) and ready to pop in the next one... to find out my mother is having a lot of trouble breathing. So off we go to the hospital. Turns out she has pneumonia once again. And if that is not bad enough. The hospital looks up her info and gets the results of the lump that they removed on Monday. Of course... with out luck... it is cancerous. I just got back home a little while ago. After all day at the hospital... so I am totally exhausted... and my head is still spinning from everything.

Anyway... they got antibiotics in mom... her breathing is better... but of course they admitted her. Not sure for how long. We will know if they will keep her longer then overnight on tomorrow. But I wanted to give you all an update.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Well... Today was not fun at all
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 12:48:52 AM »
Your mom is such a fighter Pete. I am amazed at the strength and resilience she has shown during this long struggle. I hope she rebounds quickly and gets back home.

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 12:58:41 AM »
She's a brave lady, Pete. Your family should be proud of each other and I know you have the strength for this. It's just bloody unfair.

You know where we are, my friend.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 01:24:09 AM »
Thank you both for the kind words. Obviously I am exhausted after the day I had... so no more movies watched today. With any luck I will be able to hit on some tomorrow (it will help keep my mind off things).
Pete

Critter

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 01:55:00 AM »
Sorry to hear that Pete. I know how tough pneumonia can be, I've had it twice, once being earlier this year. Not a very pleasant time but I'm sure she'll pull through.

RossRoy

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 01:59:16 AM »
Oh Pete, I'm so sorry to hear that.. Hope she gets well soon! You have my support and prayers...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 02:43:30 AM »
Thanks a lot! As exhausted as I am I just can't sleep. I guess my nerves got the best of me right now.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 03:12:01 AM »
Pete, I'm obviously pulling for you and your mom.  It's a tough time for many people it seems.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 04:02:29 AM »
Thanks Roger... and you know it is likewise for with us for you!
Pete

Boomstick98

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 05:28:57 AM »
Really sorry to hear that as well. My thoughts will definately be with you and your mom.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 09:56:23 AM »
I'm so sorry this is happening.  I do understand how you are feeling.  I went through it with my mom ..back in like 95 I think it was.  I was freaked..well..scared to death really.  I remember the night she found out, I was starting to ...flip out a bit I guess.  Then I calmed myself back down..remembered the few famous women I knew of that had gone through it at that point - Nancy Regan and Ann Jillian.  It may be a bit..silly, but it did help me to realize that others had gotten through it. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 03:08:03 PM »
Thanks everyone...

My brother left to visit mom about half an hour ago. I decided to stay home to work on the yard (cut grass and such)... thinking I wanted it looking good when mom came home. Now I feel like a complete idiot. Shortly after Sam (my brother) left the doctor called. Mom isn't doing very well at all.They had to try to get her breathing under control again... and moved her to ICU. She is not doing well at all... I am not sure if she is going to make it this time.

My mother is the strongest woman I have ever known in all my life. She has surprised me time and time again. But I am sitting here right now shaking uncontrollably... extremely upset... not knowing if mom has the strength left in her to beat this one. I think I may be about to loose my mother. A person that helped me in so many ways. And I feel totally helpless right now. Stuck here unable to do anything at all. I feel like I am about to loose everything. I can't even think straight.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 04:04:44 PM »
It is not looking good at all. My brother called. It is not looking good at all. They got her breathing a little better in ICU. But they found that the cancer is back in her lung and in her breast. And she is very weak and very scared And I am stuck here DAMN IT!
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 04:16:41 PM »
Pete - are you at work? If so, can you take off so you can be with her? Also, would it be possible to get your daughter to go with you?

ICU is place that she needs to be at this time. They have the equipment to help her and they monitor her very closely. Never give up hope but it might be better for you and your whole family if you could be there. If you are at work there is no way you are going to be productive so try and be with your mom.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 04:25:22 PM »
Unfortunately I am stuck at the house. I don't drive (never did do to blindness in one eye. That is why I was kicking myself. I have no way there... no money for a cab... no luck finding a ride. No nothing.
Pete