Author Topic: DVD qaulity increasing with time?  (Read 1213 times)

Critter

DVD qaulity increasing with time?
« on: October 02, 2009, 03:24:18 AM »
I had something strange happen with one of my DVDs. I bought the 2005 'War of the Worlds' from this discount DVD shop in Melbourne for really cheaply. When I got home and tried to play it it was terrible the whole way through, jumps and skipped whole scenes and just froze up. I left it for a while then maybe a couple of months later I tried to play it again. The second time it still jumped and skipped but not as much. Now I can play the whole DVD through without any skipping, it's perfect. How can this happen? It's like the problems with it were eliminated over time. :shrug:

Touti

Re: DVD qaulity increasing with time?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 04:05:27 AM »
The only thing I can think of is that the disc has a manufacturing defect that left space between the plastic and the metal surface which would make it sensitive to temperature changes and humidity.  Something like condensation inside that prevented proper reading and it went away with time ?

Critter

Re: DVD qaulity increasing with time?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 04:59:57 AM »
Hmm that could be it. If the disc did have problems when it was manufactured then that would explain why it was at that discount place for such a cheap price in the first place.