Author Topic: NCIS Marathon  (Read 16999 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: NCIS Marathon
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 01:33:41 AM »
NCIS: Season 6: Disc 1

1. Last Agent Standing
While investigatiing the mysterious murder of a Navy Petty Officer, Gibbs uncovers the disturbing connection between the case and Director Vance's startling decision to break up his team.

My Thoughts:
This is a good start of the new season... though it is weird that in this episode the team is scattered. And there is a nice little twist at the end of the episode to show that the storyline is not at an end quite yet.

My Rating:

2. Agent Afloat
DiNozzo, stationed aboard the USS Seahawk, learns that what appears to be a Navy Lieutenant's apparent suicide on the aircraft carrier may be connected to a larger, more deadly plot.

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed. We finally got the whole team back together by the end of this episode. Now things can feel more back to normal.

My Rating:

3. Capitol Offense
The NCIS team gets involved in a high-level Washington scandal after a distinguished US Senator turns to Gibbs for help in solving the murder of a female Naval Officer he was having an affair with.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... but not a favorite. I just didn't find the story as interesting as most. Though I did have to laugh at Abby using her forensics know-how to find out who took her cupcake out of the refrigerator.

My Rating:

4. Heartland
An investigation into the brutal slayings of two young Marines leads Gibbs back into his small Pennsylvania hometown, where secrets about his past threaten to come to light.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good episode. It is the first time we meet Gibbs' father. As well as a few other details of Gibbs' past. This one kept my interest very well.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 02:25:01 PM »
NCIS: Season 6: Disc 2

5. Nine Lives
While leading the hunt for a Marine's brutal killer, Gibbs finds himself on a collision course with FBI Agent Fornell when the man Gibbs suspects of the crime turns out to be a federal witness.

My Thoughts:
This one is pretty good. A bit on the average side. But that may have something to do with that I never cared too much for the FBI Agent Fornell.

My Rating:

6. Murder 2.0
After a Navy Petty Officer is found murdered, Ducky's autopsy reveals that a deranged psychopath is taunting the NCIS team by leaving internet clues pointing to the identites of his next victims.

My Thoughts:
They mention in the first 3 minutes that it is Halloween. But if it wasn't for them mentioning it a couple of times within the episode you wouldn't have known it. There is nothing about the episode that makes you think of Halloween. But the episode itself is excellent. One of my favorites.

My Rating:

7. Collateral Damage
Vance assigns a new recruit to the NCIS team following the murder of a Qunatico bank security guard – which causes Gibbs to question his own judgement.

My Thoughts:
A good but somewhat average episode when it comes to the main case. I do like that Gibbs is now on the track of the real mole within NCIS.

My Rating:

8. Cloak
One member of NCIS is about to face serious consquences after Director Vance forces Gibbs and his team to participate in a dangerous war game – and a shocking secret is revealed.

My Thoughts:
An excellent episode that all but puts an end to the whole mole storyline. This one I enjoyed every second of.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2010, 07:34:35 PM »
NCIS: Season 6: Disc 3

9. Dagger
Gibbs and the team must rely on information from questionable sources when they're forced to stop a thief from stealing sensitive government secrets.

My Thoughts:
This is  great ending to the mole storyline. The way it ended was a bit of a surprise but an interesting one.

My Rating:

10. Road Kill
The team suspects foul play in the death of a petty officer when their investigation into his car crash leads them into the dark and violent world of underground street fighting.

My Thoughts:
Good episode. Enjoyed the main storyline... though not as much ad the previous few

My Rating:

11. Silent Night
Working on a double homicide over Christmas, the team uncovers the truth about a prime suspect thought to have died 17 years previously – as well as a shocking personal revelation.

My Thoughts:
This is a good Christmas episode. I definitely enjoyed it. I kinda go a kick out of the ending where Tony got most all the group together to watch a Christmas movie. It fit his character perfectly since he been quoting movies from the very beginning of the series.

My Rating:

12. Caged
While McGee is getting a signed confession from a vicious convict, retaliation over a murdered guard escalates into a full-scale prison riot – and McGee is taken hostage by the prisoners.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. Lots happening through-out. I especially liked how McGee learned something from his situation... and did not take any crap from the car repair shop at the end.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »
I got so into watching NCIS that I forgot today is Friday. I usually start my weekend marathons on Fridays. Oh well... that is ok. I will save the movie marathon for another weekend. I am too much into this series this weekend!  :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2010, 12:06:21 AM »
So that's what happened.  I was wondering.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 12:26:59 AM »
I may try to still fit a movie or two in this weekend... but not enough to make a themed marathon.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2010, 12:37:16 AM »
Wasn't this weekend supposed to be your "face your fears" marathon? Are you sure that you aren't just trying to delay it?  :P

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2010, 12:47:26 AM »
Wasn't this weekend supposed to be your "face your fears" marathon? Are you sure that you aren't just trying to delay it?  :P

:hysterical:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2010, 01:14:52 AM »

That's right..I forgot about that.  The clown and spider movies.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2010, 01:16:36 AM »
I may try to still fit a movie or two in this weekend... but not enough to make a themed marathon.
I'm still waiting for War of the Robots :whistle:
It kind of fits with a face your fear theme, since this movie is scary :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2010, 01:24:28 AM »
 :laugh: we will get to that marathon before too long. And no it wasn't an attempt not to watch them! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2010, 02:29:54 AM »
NCIS: Season 6: Disc 4

13. Broken Bird
While investigating the murder of a seaman, Ducky is stabbed at the crime scene, leading the team to uncover disturbing sccusations about his war service in Afghanistan.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... centering around the character of Ducky. It is more an interesting episode then it is an action packed one. After the episode I went ahead and listened to the commentary with David McCallum (Ducky) and James Whitmore, Jr. There really wasn't anything special about the commentary... but not a bad listen.

My Rating:

14. Love & War
The heinous murder of a Naval Captain seems to point to espionage, until a damning clue causes the team to question whether or not the officer's bizarre lifestyle is to blame.

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode... but really kinda average. Nothing at all special or extra good about it.

My Rating:

15. Deliverance
Probing into the death of a Marine, the NCIS team gets involved with a vicious inner city gang, while Gibbs again must face his past after discovering a disturbing message at the crime scene.

My Thoughts:
A pretty good one here. Gibb's old mentor Franks is in this episode.

My Rating:

16. Bounce
When DiNozzo learns he's been responsible for sending an innocent man to jail, Gibbs agrees to trade duties with Tony and make him point man on the re-opened investigation.

My Thoughts:
This is another episode I liked. It is a good episode for the character of Tony DiNozzo. After watching the episode I watched it again with the commentary track on. This one is with Michael Weatherly who plays DiNozzo. Which is an entertaining listen. He does seem like a lot of fun.

My Rating:
Pete

Critter

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2010, 03:21:06 AM »
Pauley Perrette (Abby) from NCIS has been in Australia for the past couple of weeks. This is turning out to be quite a huge stay here, I never realised just how popular she was in this country. She has been appearing on morning shows, talk shows etc heaps in this last few weeks and I'm pretty sure us Australians just want to keep her  :laugh:. It has been a very long time since I have seen just one guest do almost every single Australian TV show in a row.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2010, 12:06:58 PM »
Well you can't have her! You have to send her back! We need her for season 8!!! :P

Yesterday I was doing the cast list for that TV Series I bought Haunted... and was pleasantly surprised to see her name come up for the second episode of the series. :) Now other then 6 seasons of NCIS I have her in...

- 24: Season 4 (2 episodes)
- Batman Beyond: Season 1 (1 episode - Voice role of course)
- CSI: Season 3 (1 Episode)
- Haunted: Complete Series (1 episode)
- The Ring (Don't remember her in this movie... though it has been a while... but may be only a small part)
Pete

Critter

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
Very cool, I would love to track down some of her stuff and see how she is as an actor when she isn't playing Abbey (not that I don't love Abbey of course).