Author Topic: Firefly The Complete Series  (Read 1447 times)

Critter

Firefly The Complete Series
« on: September 29, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »
Firefly The Complete Series

Year: 2002-2003
Created by: Joss Whedon
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Run Time: 675 minutes

Plot
Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small, mobile, spacecraft tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them.

Cast

Nathan Fillion - Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds
Gina Torres - Zoƫ Washburne
Alan Tudyk - Hoban 'Wash' Washburne
Morena Baccarin - Inara Serra
Adam Baldwin - Jayne Cobb
Jewel Staite - Kaylee Frye
Sean Maher - Dr. Simon Tam
Summer Glau - River Tam
Ron Glass - Shepherd Book

DVD Extras

-"Here's How It Was" - Making Of Firefly
-"Serenity - The 10th Chapter"
-Deleted Scenes
-Alan Tudyk's Audition
-Gag Reel
-Joss Sings The Firefly Theme

My Thoughts

Firefly is one of the single most original and enthralling series I have come across, combining the unique sci-fi genre together with that rugged western terrain is just another example of how well Joss Whendon knows his TV. The creative side of this show is amazing, the details put into every set, costume design or segment of special effects gives it the feel of watching a higher budget film and not a TV series. The actors are all fantastic and really bring the audience into this future (meets past) world that Whedon has created. The thing I loved most about the show is the fact that it is first and foremost a science fiction program yet lacks many of the genres well known conventions. There are no aliens living amoung humans in this future world, instead we see a rustic future where the characters are dealing with real world problems such as simply staying out of trouble and hoping they can find enough work to go on another day. It is in this sense that the characters of Firefly are so easy to relate to and also, just how easy it is to become absorbed into this world and the stories it beholds.

The DVD extras are well worth checking out, especially the segments on making the series and the design behind the spaceship of the series 'Serenity'. The making of includes great segments of interviews with all of the main cast and crew and goes into the finer details of the trials and tribulations this show faced everyday since they begun (mostly due to the untrustworthy FOX network who didn't believe in the show and eventually got it cancelled).

Boomstick98

Re: Firefly The Complete Series
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »
This is a series that I really need to check out. I loved the movie "Serenity", but have never seen any of this series.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »
If you liked Serenity, then you should love the show.

I'm still ticked it was canceled. 

Critter

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 11:26:54 PM »
I agree, it is almost essential that you watch this series, especially if you like Serenity.