Author Topic: Trip to Walmart  (Read 9367 times)

Touti

Re: Trip to Walmart
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 01:57:04 PM »
I really like "Edward Scissorhands".  I can't wait to get the new release that SailorRipley talked about in his article.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »
I haven't seen it in years!... I just hope it is as good as I remember it being!  :P
Pete

SailorRipley

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »
 :yellowcard: Wha... wha.... Edward Scissorhands?

Did I say anything about Scissorhands? ??? For the death of me, I can't remember!  :bag:

btw, I should say that Bringing Out the Dead is a really good film. that was a great deal! And even if The Relic is trashy horror, it's a lot of fun as well!  ;)

Touti

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2007, 05:59:07 PM »

Did I say anything about Scissorhands? ??? For the death of me, I can't remember!  :bag:

btw, I should say that Bringing Out the Dead is a really good film. that was a great deal! And even if The Relic is trashy horror, it's a lot of fun as well!  ;)

No actually you didn't.  I got confused with "Labyrinth" .

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 06:45:27 PM »

Looking forward to chekcing them all out... already watched Edward Scissorhands... still enjoyed it. :)

and BTW... nothing wrong with trashy horror!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 05:06:40 PM »
Well... I just got back from Walmart once again... I was shocked to see the $5.00 bargain bin was actually straighten up enough for me to just read down the rows the titles on the spins on the top layer... I didn't bother looking in the bottom layer... but did find 1 movies I wanted on the top layer... I got one called High Tension... back of the case sounds good... and a friend recommended it to me... so hopefully I will enjoy it.

Then in the Halloween display area I got 2 more titles for $5 each.... there I got House of the Damned as well as The Legend of Hell House. Which both of these were recommended to me as well. So hopefully I won't be sorry I grabbed either of these 3 movies.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 05:33:08 PM »
Well... I just got back from Walmart once again... I was shocked to see the $5.00 bargain bin was actually straighten up enough for me to just read down the rows the titles on the spins on the top layer... I didn't bother looking in the bottom layer... but did find 1 movies I wanted on the top layer... I got one called High Tension... back of the case sounds good... and a friend recommended it to me... so hopefully I will enjoy it.

Then in the Halloween display area I got 2 more titles for $5 each.... there I got House of the Damned as well as The Legend of Hell House. Which both of these were recommended to me as well. So hopefully I won't be sorry I grabbed either of these 3 movies.

I can't wait to read your review on High Tension - it's one of the movies in my owned but never seen list.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2007, 06:42:46 PM »
I can't wait to read your review on High Tension - it's one of the movies in my owned but never seen list.
It's a fun movie and end me on the edge of my couch while watching, which is really rare! Only other recent movie I can think of was The Descent.

Many people complain about this movie, how it didn't make sense and the ending being awful (yada yada yada), but I just went on the ride on had fun. It has some (not too much) serious gore in it. I can't really say much more without getting into spoiler territory...

Great you found is for $5 bucks in the bargain! Don't watch it with your daughter, Pete! :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2007, 07:19:56 PM »
LOL... Thanks Achim... I will be sure she isn't in the room for that one. Of course I normally like to watch them first by myself just in case... unless I know ahead of time it is safe... Like a couple of the Walt Disney movies I have (Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion). :)

I must say... you have me curious about High Tension... will have to get to that one before too long... not sure if I will today or not though. Today and tomorrow will be less watching as I had some running around to do today... and tomorrow I need to take Brittany to the doctor... she is still sick. (since Sunday)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2007, 06:49:08 PM »
Well... went to Wal-Mart today to do some Birthday Shopping for my daughter Brittany.... she will be 12 years old this Sunday.

While there I picked myself up a couple DVDs... I got...

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer: The Power Cosmic Edition
Brace yourself for even more super-powered thrills and spectacular DVD action with The Power Cosmic Edition of 'Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer'! This explosive 2-disc set is packed with fantastic features. Slip behind the wheel of the futuristic and high-flying Fantasticar in an interactive experience. In-depth documentaries take you inside the secret world of the Silver Surfer--from his comic book origins to his CGI transformation. Sneak a peek at exclusive deleted and extended scenes you couldn't see in theaters! Flame on!

Loved the first one... thought Jessica Alba was hot in it... looking forward to watching the second one again... only saw it once before... and in less the good conditions.

Spider-Man 3: 2-Disc Special Edition
Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) finally has the girl of his dreams, Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst), and New York City is in the throes of Spider-mania! But when a strange alien symbiote turns Spider-Man's suit black, his darkest demons come to light - changing Spider-Man inside as well as out. Spider-Man is in for the fight of his life against a lethal mix of villains - the deadly Sandman (Thomas Haden Church), Venom (Topher Grace), and the New Goblin (James Franco) - as well as the enemy within himself.

Spider-Man was always my favorite Superhero when I was a kid. Because of that I will admit I was a little worried on how the movies would come out when I heard the first one was being made.... but ended up loving it when I saw it.  I also really enjoyed the second one as well. But this one... I never got the chance to see this one at the theater when it was playing... so I never seen this one at all yet... but definitely looking forward to it!!!
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2007, 10:18:08 PM »
Pete, I implore you. Drop your expectations down a few notches for Spidey 3. You may give yourself a pleasant surprise, but if you go into thinking it's a natural extension of the magnificent part 2, you'll wonder if it was the same director!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2007, 10:32:55 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Jon... I will do my best to not expect as much on this one. :)
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2007, 11:03:55 PM »
I was a bit disappointed with Spidey 3. Too many enemies to few good story. :/
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools