Author Topic: Another noob here  (Read 5230 times)

Boomstick98

Another noob here
« on: September 22, 2009, 05:03:07 AM »
Hey everybody, I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I've been collecting since 1998 and I have somewhere around 980 DVDs and Blu Rays. Mostly DVDS since I haven't had a blu ray player for very long. I've been looking for a good DVD collector's forum and was glad to find this one. I collect pretty much every genre but the majority of my focus has been on horror and comedy. I really enjoy cheap made campy horror movies. ;D I'm a big fan of the Evil Dead Trilogy. Anyway, looking foward to talking to everyone on the forum. :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Another noob here
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:32:17 AM »
Hi   :)

Welcome to the board.  Everyone is really friendly here.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:33:22 AM »
Welcome ;D

Since you are an horror movies fan. I think that you will enjoy our october horror marathon that will begins soon. Many of us participate (more or less activelly), so if you own many horror titles feel free to join us ;)

You can check the annual 2008 horror in those thread :

The general marathon
The marathon from our horror fanatic
My marathon
and finally the marathon of Jon

Welcome again

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 06:39:01 AM »
Hello Boomstick,

welcome to the forum :)

Hope you will enjoy your time here and stick around. We are a small and friendly group; if you check out older threads and find "unfriendly" words, those were spoken among friends and not to be taken seriously :D

Most here use a program called "DVD Profiler" by Invelos to catalog our collections. What do you use, if anything?

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »
Hi & Welcome to the forums.

You are entering the right moment because the big October Halloween Horror marathons are about to start.

:)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

richierich

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 11:03:11 AM »
Welcome Boom!

Hope you enjoy your time here and get actively involved in some marathons and reviews  :training:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 12:30:27 PM »
Welcome!
I am always glad to see another horror fan. And as was said... you found us at the perfect time.  Our month long horror marathon will be starting soon. Well... not soon enough for me as I been abstaining from watching any horror for the past (almost) 3 months now. I won't watch any till Oct. 1st. I hope to see you Join in as well!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 03:29:26 PM »
Its great to see another member - Welcome to the forums!

RossRoy

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »
Hi Boom, I'm just joining my voice with all others in welcoming you here. Having fun, and don't hesitate to join in our conversations!

Boomstick98

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I hope to stay around for a good while.

Boomstick98

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »
Hello Boomstick,

welcome to the forum :)

Hope you will enjoy your time here and stick around. We are a small and friendly group; if you check out older threads and find "unfriendly" words, those were spoken among friends and not to be taken seriously :D

Most here use a program called "DVD Profiler" by Invelos to catalog our collections. What do you use, if anything?

I currently only use DVD aficionado to keep up with my collection online. I had noticed that everyone on here seems to be using DVD profiler. Is this a free software? If not how much does it usually cost to download?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:20:13 PM by Boomstick98 »

Boomstick98

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »
Hi & Welcome to the forums.

You are entering the right moment because the big October Halloween Horror marathons are about to start.

:)

Really looking forward to the Horror Marathon.  :yahoo: I will try to participate as much as I can.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 06:26:49 PM »
I currently only use DVD aficionado to keep up with my collection online. I had noticed that everyone on here seems to be using DVD profiler. Is this a free software? If not how much does it usually cost to download?

Welcome also from me :)

DVD Profiler is for free when you enter less than 50 DVDs (so you can try it out). After that the functionality gets restricted.
It only costs $30 one-time fee to get a license key to have the full functionality again. All future updates are free.

Boomstick98

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »

Welcome also from me :)

DVD Profiler is for free when you enter less than 50 DVDs (so you can try it out). After that the functionality gets restricted.
It only costs $30 one-time fee to get a license key to have the full functionality again. All future updates are free.

Thats not nearly as expensive as I thought it would be. Thanks for the info.  :thanks:

Boomstick98

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 09:59:37 PM »
Well, I have been hanging around for a couple of days now and I have to say that this is one of the best discussion boards I have ever joined. :thumbup: I enjoy having intelligent conversations with folks without the endless waves of ridicule. :tomato: