Author Topic: December Christmas Marathon Discussion Thread HoHoHo!  (Read 25472 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: December Christmas Marathon Discussion Thread HoHoHo!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 10:37:02 PM »
Here is the SQL-Query for the CCViewer I use for this marathon:
SELECT p.ProfileID, p.Title, p.ColNo, p.SortTitle, p.Originaltitle, p.OriginalSortTitle, p.Description FROM Profiles p WHERE (p.Title LIKE '$Title begins/ends with$*' OR p.OriginalTitle LIKE '$Title begins/ends with$*' OR p.Title LIKE '*$Title begins/ends with$' OR p.OriginalTitle LIKE '*$Title begins/ends with$') AND ColType = 'Owned' ORDER BY SortTitle;

After saving it in "Tools->SQL Queries" it is also available as a filter under the collection list.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 10:39:34 PM »
I don't know what you all use to select your titles for this marathon, but I've decided to use Tom's CCViewer, as I did previously.

This one's an easy one for me. I have a Christmas tag. When I filter using it the result is 45 movies.  (Of course this counts Die Hard and Die Hard II :laugh: )

Pretty much same thing here... but I have 2 tags... one for Christmas Movies (20) not including Die Hard 1 & 2  :P and one for Christmas Episodes (70).
Pete

Touti

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 10:53:01 PM »
Here is the SQL-Query for the CCViewer I use for this marathon:
SELECT p.ProfileID, p.Title, p.ColNo, p.SortTitle, p.Originaltitle, p.OriginalSortTitle, p.Description FROM Profiles p WHERE (p.Title LIKE '$Title begins/ends with$*' OR p.OriginalTitle LIKE '$Title begins/ends with$*' OR p.Title LIKE '*$Title begins/ends with$' OR p.OriginalTitle LIKE '*$Title begins/ends with$') AND ColType = 'Owned' ORDER BY SortTitle;

After saving it in "Tools->SQL Queries" it is also available as a filter under the collection list.

Did someone say.........SQL-Query ?  :drooling:

Time for me to look at this CCViewer I think.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 10:58:38 PM »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 11:23:14 PM »
For example, online, Berserk: 6.God's Hand has a collection number of 1246, but in CCViewer it doesn't have any, which was the case before I did some reassignments.
Could it be, that you have "Settings->Auto-lock quick edits" enabled and did edit the collection number on tab "Details"? When you right-click there on the collection number, does it show up as locked?
No. I've never edited anything right from CCViewer. I always do the changes in DVDP and import the XML.

I've also verified if it's locked, and it's not.

RossRoy

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 11:25:42 PM »
This one's an easy one for me. I have a Christmas tag. When I filter using it the result is 45 movies.  (Of course this counts Die Hard and Die Hard II :laugh: )

What's that beast I keep hearing about? Tags?  ???

Yes, I do know what tags are, but I just don't use them much.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 11:31:41 PM »
No. I've never edited anything right from CCViewer. I always do the changes in DVDP and import the XML.

I've also verified if it's locked, and it's not.
I think I know what the problem is. Beginning with version 1.5.0 I am comparing the LastEdited and ProfileTimestamp when importing the collection file and skip the profiles where both haven't changed (makes the import much faster). Profiler does not set change any of those timestamps when reassigning collection numbers and thus those profiles are not updated in the Viewer.
To force an update on all profiles, execute the SQL-Query "Reset ProfileTimeStamp" before importing (available via File->Update->Other Data->SQL_TomGaines.xml).

richierich

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 12:00:55 AM »
I have just started filling my list. It is harder than I thought. Too many choices  :'(

same here Tom  :(

I just used the filter functions in DVD Profiler, ie christmas,xmas,festive etc etc anywhere in title or overview and got over 100 hits.
Decided to only watch unseen films or tv episodes for this function, with the odd exception which is ritual crimbo viewing  :-[

Najemikon

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 12:11:35 AM »
I'm going to do it at random and find a Christmas link in everything I watch!  :tease: For instance, erm... Ronin. Link with Christmas? Noel (No "L")...  :hysterical:

lyonsden5

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 12:32:11 AM »
that really made me  :hysterical:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 12:36:55 AM »
Me too! :hysterical:

richierich

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 12:38:36 AM »
Best one so far  :clap: :clap: :clap:   :hysterical:

RossRoy

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 03:24:32 AM »
To force an update on all profiles, execute the SQL-Query "Reset ProfileTimeStamp" before importing (available via File->Update->Other Data->SQL_TomGaines.xml).
Nice, it worked!

But as a workaround to this, that wouldn't make every profile be updated, couldn't you do a CRC/MD5 hash check on the profile, and if they differ, update?

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 05:51:28 PM »
But as a workaround to this, that wouldn't make every profile be updated, couldn't you do a CRC/MD5 hash check on the profile, and if they differ, update?
That would be a database change to save the checksum for that profile. And if I change something via the Viewer, the checksum has to be reset (to make it possible to revert fields if they have not been locked). Currently I think the only personal data I have forgotten to always update is the Collection Number. Maybe I will implement your idea for the next version. Thanks for the tip!

richierich

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 06:02:55 PM »
Anyone else getting on board the xmas marathon - the clock is ticking for Saturday start.

Hopefully we can get a few stragglers to do the half marathon this time round?

:TheJuryIsCurrentlyDeliberatin