Author Topic: Opinions Please  (Read 2787 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Opinions Please
« on: July 31, 2009, 01:08:06 AM »
I will be placing an order on Monday... and I am considering several blind buys. As well as a few I know I like. The titles I have in red would be blind buys... thoughts on these would be appreciated.

M.A.N.T.I.S: Complete Series
I am marking this as a blind buy... never seen a complete episode... though I have seen bits and pieces of episodes here and there and looked interesting.

Rear Window
Pretty much a sure thing... been suggested to me more then once.

Dirty Harry Ultimate Collection
Three out of Five titles would be blind buys.

JAG: Season 6
I know I like this one... I am so behind on collecting this series!

Booker: The Complete Series
not as good as 21 Jump Street... but want to finish off the Jump Street universe of shows.

Mortal Kombat
Seen it... but been years. I have the sequel but never got the original.

Wonder Woman
Never seen before... but trailer looks good!

Grand Torino
Trailer looked good... and heard a lot of good things.

I originally was considering Green Lantern... but it got kicked off the list. Replaced with Rear Window. So what do you think? Am I going majorly wrong anywhere?
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions Please
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 01:26:10 AM »
I'm sure that you will like all the Dirty Harry's movie so you can't not buy the Dirty Harry Collection. Personally I like all the movie in the serie even if none of the sequels are as good than the first one they are better than most of the other crime movie. No idea for the other dvd, since I ain't familliar with any of them...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 01:41:23 AM »
Thanks Jimmy... I pretty much figured. I was told similar when in another thread I seen the first one and last one... but none of the middle three. Was told since I liked the last one I would like them all.  :thumbup:
Pete

richierich

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 02:27:55 AM »
Thanks Rich... I remember reading that review now. Looks like I will be adding a lot of Clint Eastwood to my collection soon!  :thumbup:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 03:31:02 AM »
I would definitely recommend Rear Window.  It's my favorite Alfred Hitchcock film.  :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 06:03:52 AM »
Read Window, The Dirty Harry Collection, Wonder Woman, and Gran Torino are all good.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 10:07:10 AM »
Read Window, The Dirty Harry Collection, Wonder Woman, and Gran Torino are all good.
I would have listed the exact same four. I haven't seen all of them but if not the reviews I read/heard were certainly good.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 12:29:40 PM »
Thanks Everyone... I appreciate it. Sounds like I can't go wrong with Rear Window! Hopefully nothing will go out of stock or change in price too drastically between now and Monday (when I get paid).

Now... here is a question I am almost afraid to ask... Rear Window is Alfred Hitchcock. When I think of him I think The Birds and Psycho. But Rear Window reads as more of a mystery then a horror... so please tell me I am right and I don't have to wait till October!  :laugh:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »
Thanks Everyone... I appreciate it. Sounds like I can't go wrong with Rear Window! Hopefully nothing will go out of stock or change in price too drastically between now and Monday (when I get paid).

Now... here is a question I am almost afraid to ask... Rear Window is Alfred Hitchcock. When I think of him I think The Birds and Psycho. But Rear Window reads as more of a mystery then a horror... so please tell me I am right and I don't have to wait till October!  :laugh:

:laugh:

Yeah, you're fine! It's funny that the only two Hitchcock films you know are probably the only horrors he has done. He often comes close but normally they are strictly thrillers.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 12:42:53 PM »
Woohoo! Thanks Jon!  :yahoo:

I actually have 1 or two of this thrillers also. It is just that his couple of horror is the most well known for me. I not too long ago watched The Man Who Knew Too Much and I may have 1 or 2 more that I haven't ever watched yet. I was hoping this one would be more like that so I could watch it!  :P
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 02:56:03 PM »

Rear Window
Pretty much a sure thing... been suggested to me more then once.

Dirty Harry Ultimate Collection
Three out of Five titles would be blind buys.

Mortal Kombat
Seen it... but been years. I have the sequel but never got the original.

If it was me forking over the scheckles (and I didn't already have 2 of them) I'd be going for these.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 03:34:32 PM »
Thanks... and wow... everyone seems to agree on Rear Window! Hopefully I won't go into it expecting too much!
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 03:47:15 PM »
I more of a fan of the modern version of that story: Disturbia
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 03:51:03 PM »
I have Disturbia.. and enjoyed it quite a bit!  :thumbup:
Pete