Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 14878 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 06:10:56 AM »
I've now seen the last 2 episodes of season 5..with Amy and the 11th Doctor.  Really good.  I've also watched the new Christmas special.  I loved it..one of the best Christmas episodes of any show I've seen in a long time.  It is still on my DVR...I'll watch it a few more times before I delete it I think. 

I've seen more of season 3 with Martha...I still have like 2 more episodes to watch to get all caught up.
I haven't been able to find Torchwood on again yet.  I keep checking though.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 06:19:12 AM »
  :hysterical:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 08:23:40 AM »
Are you trying to insinuate something there?

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 08:40:29 AM »
No not at all, I just think it's a funny video.

I'm sure you're nothing like that guy.  ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 08:43:28 AM »
Ok..just checking.

I don't own any Doctor Who stuff..just one DVD set.  I did find a few books on Amazon that I want...that's it so far.

RossRoy

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 10:32:38 PM »
Just finished watching the Christmas special. Loved it! I love the concept and how it intertwined A Christmas Carol with the Doctor Who universe.

Ok I wish it had featured Amy Pond a bit more, but Abigail was a gorgeous replacement.

I had never heard Katherine Jenkins.. Wow! She's got a really nice voice! Love that mezzo-soprano voice. They should own the opera world, not those ear screeching sopranos!

snowcat

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 10:36:45 PM »
Katherine Jenkins does have a great voice... I have to admit im not a big Dr Who fan but I enjoyed the episode.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 07:31:49 AM »
I first saw Katherine Jenkins on an episode of the Graham Norton Show.  I think it aired a week before Christmas on BBC America.  She was talking about being in the Christmas Doctor Who episode.  She sang just a little on that show, but that didn't prepare me for how gorgeous her voice is.

I liked how the episode used the Christmas Carol idea but changed it around a bit to fit in with Doctor Who.  It is a bit different, but it has the same basic elements of they story.
This may be one of my favorite versions of A Christmas Carol now.

I am currently trying to watch stuff on my DVR to make room...there is a Doctor Who marathon starting on BBC America on Friday morning I think it is.  It is going to be something like 36 hours of Doctor Who...from in the third season clear through the new Christmas episode - it includes the specials that aired between seasons 4 and 5 too.  I've already got my DVR set to record most of the episodes..there are a few I've already seen recently..and a few that are played twice.  So I'll be having a marathon. :)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »
Question: Yesterday evening on Closing Time when The Doctor
(click to show/hide)
and we saw these three children. The voice of the first girl: Was that someone we're supposed to know? Because she sounded familiar.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

northbloke

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2011, 01:24:29 PM »
At first I thought we were meant to know them, that maybe we'd met them as adults previously in the series, but thinking about it I think it's more likely that they'd been interviewed later as adults about that meeting so we were hearing their adult voices.
She may sound familiar because rather than pay for 3 new voice actors they may have gotten actors from random episodes to speak the lines when they were filming.

As an aside, do you guys think that these 2nd half episodes have all tended to start strongly but really cop-out for their endings?
(click to show/hide)
I really hope the finale's not going to be like that as well.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2011, 03:21:04 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

As an aside, do you guys think that these 2nd half episodes have all tended to start strongly but really cop-out for their endings?

I think many Doctor Who episode and arc endings are often a bit of a cop-out. Or they are so confusing that no one is able to follow the events anymore and just goes with it.

I found the last two episodes rather sad especially if you consider that the doctor must have been alone for the last 200 years of his timeline (he was both 909 and 1103 in The Impossible Astronaut) since the events of The God Complex.

And all that reminds me of the last episodes of the Tenth Doctor who tried to have fun before the inevitable regeneration. Back then he was also rather desperate (I'm referring to the 2009 movies).

Despite being a rather young actor I really have the feeling that The Doctor is really old (and a bit tired).
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 09:13:15 AM »

Karsten

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »
Well, color me surprised. Moffat actually managed to make the first Dalek episode that wasn't terrible.
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2012, 10:11:14 AM »
I'm still loading. Stupid download rate won't go up. *grumbl*
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
BTW: Do you know this prequel video?

Do you want to know who the mysterious figure is?

Hint:
(click to show/hide)

Solution:
(click to show/hide)

;)
Karsten