Author Topic: Jack's back!  (Read 2895 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Jack's back!
« on: November 15, 2007, 08:30:51 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G0KtyHCuAtA

Even when 24 becomes more absurd with every season, I still love this show and I hope they will finish shooting before they run out of scripts due to the WGA strike.

But when I watch the traile I've got the impression that

24 Season 7 = Die Hard 2 + 4.

Am I alone in this assessment?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

lyonsden5

Re: Jack's back!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 09:24:51 PM »
Jack may be back but he wont be on TV..

http://www.24headquarters.com/2007/11/07/24s-7th-season-postponed-indefinitely/

As far as commenting on 24 Season 7 = Die Hard 2 + 4 I can't. I won't watch the trailer since I haven't watched the last two seasons yet.  You never know what spoilers there will be from one season to the next. (also have to avoid this thread from here on out as well  :( )

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 10:56:49 AM »
I'm also two seasons behind, so beware spoilers! For now though, check out this link. It's simply genius...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1788161

24, circa 1994.  :hysterical:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 06:04:55 PM »
I've started watching 24 only 2 days ago as part of my holiday DVD watching marathon.  I had never seen any episodes before.  I've watched season 1 completely and I'm now up to 5th episode in season 2.

So far I like it and I'll keep watching but I had to take a break to write this.  I am really not impressed by some of the writing, I am amazed by the amount of mistakes and errors.

I won't list all the ones I've found so far but there's a few really bad ones.

(click to show/hide)

It's an interesting series and as I said I'll keep watching it but imo, whoever wrote the scripts botched the job a little.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 07:25:22 PM »
There's an even bigger mistake in season 2.  In the 1st episode, the president is fishing in Lake Oswego Oregon.  Lake Oswego is about 15 minutes from where I live and it's not even close to the beautiful mountain location seen in the show.  It's a suburb of Portland.  There actually is a lake there, and it's a very nice and rich part of town, but that's about as close as it gets to what they showed.  You can see it on Google Maps here.  The nearest snow covered mountain would be Mt. Hood which is about an hour away.  And there's no snow covered chain of mountains as seen in the show within sight really.

It's not a big deal unless you're familiar with the area.  Then it's hilarious. :hysterical:

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 10:06:39 PM »
There are mistakes, and really, the whole thing is preposterous. But I can't agree that it's botched. It's the style and the nature of the beast. They aim high and fast and hope most of it sticks, which it does to be fair.

I think in retrospect, they had problems with season 1, because it was a new idea to do this sort of story in real time. The whole amnesia section felt to me like filler because they had ran out of story, but knew where they needed to be in a couple of hours. Season 2 was better, but the main problem -much as I adore her and her daftness (:devil:)- wasn't sorted out until season 3. She's still around then, but they try to give her more to do. I'm sure you know exactly who I mean...  ;)

Season 3 was my favourite so far, but if anything it was even more ridiculous! Just slicker, as if they had realised what the core appeal of the show was and were just having fun with it. Jack's lack of eating and toilet visiting is ever more obvious, and even more nameless agents predictably die, but I love it.

So in summary, yes, I agree there are many mistakes, but this isn't really the type of show to be picky!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 10:08:21 PM by Najemikon »

m.cellophane

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 03:49:42 AM »
I've finished the first disc of Season 4. I love it, but find that I only watch it in large chunks...because it's hard to stop watching.  :tv:  :laugh:

MEJHarrison

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 01:48:02 AM »
I watch one season at a time and then take a break.  My next season will be season 5.

But I do that with all my TV shows.  I watch a whole season and then move on to something different.  I think Arrested Development is the only one where I watched all three seasons back to back before moving on to something else.

RossRoy

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 03:33:48 AM »
I just finished watching Day 6. Took me three days :tv:

Good season in my opinion. Not the best, but definitely kept me entertained!

Touti

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 03:12:27 PM »
I'm taking a break now, I watched 2 seasons in 4 days, that was enough.  I couldn't continue anyway because that's all I have, I'm gonna wait for the next 2 for 1 sale at DD before buying more.