Author Topic: ER - Emergency Room - The End  (Read 1069 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
ER - Emergency Room - The End
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »
I haven't actually seen the last 7 years of ER, so I missed a lot. The last episode I've seen was from the end of the eight season (where Marc died).

But I still wanted to see the last episode. And many claimed that it was a homage to the pilot "24 Hours", so I watched that first.

And I have to say it were great 3 hours. To see how it all started and then to see it 16 years later and how few has really changed and how the people have developed. Of course I didn't understand all developments due to that 7-year-gap and I missed a few of the people (Romano, Kovac and others) but  it was still a great ending. The show has come to an end but life goes on in that fictional universe. That's my kind of series finale.

And there actually were many parallels to the pilot, like Lydia waking the current attending or the new med students (16 years ago: John Carter, now: Marc Greene's daughter Rachel) and other small yet noticeable things.

It was a great end to a great show and I am sure some day I will watch the missing seasons.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 09:45:29 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: ER - Emergency Room - The End
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 05:17:10 PM »
I only watched the first few seasons as it aired... but I am slowly watching it on DVD... I just ordered season 4 which I don't think I ever seen those episodes. I imagine it will be a long time (if ever) before I get to the series finale on dvd.  :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: ER - Emergency Room - The End
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:32:23 AM »
I saw most of the last episode.  What I saw was good, though I would have liked something more definite with what was going on with John and his wife.  Otherwise, very well done episode.