2 (28.6%)
Anthologies
0 (0%)
Vampires
0 (0%)
Werewolves
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Help with this weekend's Movie Marathon  (Read 3276 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Help with this weekend's Movie Marathon
« on: March 31, 2009, 07:40:42 PM »
OK everyone...
Help me decide on a theme for this weekend....

Comedy-Horror
In this I am thinking anything that is in my opinion has a great deal of both comedy and horror aspects. Whether they are spoofs like the Scary Movie franchise or something more like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Dracula: Dead and Loving it.

Superheroes
Pretty much says it all... whether we are talking Spider-Man, Superman, Iron Man... or any of the big ones... or something similar to what I watched this past weekend (Zoom: Academy of Superheroes, Sky High).

Animal Horror
Any horror movie where the main focus is some type of animal... movies such as Cujo, Jaws, Willard.

Anthologies
Movies with several stories told... usually with another wrap-around story. I pretty much only have horror anthologies in my collection... movies such as Creepshow, Campfire Tales, Tales from the Crypt.

Vampires
Pretty self-explanatory... and I recently had one... but I can always watch a vampire movie!  :P And I am sure I have enough in my collection to give some reviews on movies I haven't reviewed here yet. :P

Werewolves
Or should I sprout some hair in some embarrassing places and howl at the moon for a few days?

So what do you all think... how should I indulge this weekend?
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Help with this weekend's Movie Marathon
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:23:24 PM »
I voted for Werewolves although it might be interesting if you posted yourself when you "...sprout some hair in some embarrassing places and howl at the moon for a few days?"

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:30:27 PM »
Thanks Kathy... but I don't think anyone here really wants to see that!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 08:34:29 PM »
[X] Musicals & Dance Movies  :hysterical:

If you have the time, try to *cough* get somehwere *cough* the british show "Being Human". It's about Vampires, Werewolves and Ghosts!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 08:36:09 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »
I keep forgetting I downloaded those shows on my computer!  :slaphead: I will try to get to some of those soon.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 01:13:18 PM »
I wake up this morning to a four-way tie? You all are trying to confuse me aren't you?  :stars:
Pete

richierich

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »
Personally after looking at your collection I wish you gave the choice of 'other'.
(By the way, it is full moon in USA weekend of 24th - perfect for a later werewolves themed marathon)

And i would have proposed the theme of 'WATER'

creature from the black lagoon
70 years of popeye
a haunting - lake club horror
the abyss
adventures of brisco county - riverboat
indiana jones and raiders of lost ark
adventures of sharkboy
superman - haunted lighthouse
anaconda
etc etc etc etc etc  ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »
I didn't realize there was a full moon coming up. (I pay little attention to such a thing  :-[ ) That would be perfect weekend for a Werewolf marathon. I will have to save it for then.

I try not to put TV Series in with my movie marathons... but What I think I will do this weekend is watch a chapter of an old-time movie serial in between each movie... say for example...

Superheroes wins...
Watch a chapter of say... Adventures of Captain Marvel (I recently watched all the Superman and Batman ones) after each movie.

Any of the horror related ones win...
Watch a chapter of Phantom Creeps (stars Bela Lugosi... best fit I could find in my collection) after each movie.

I have done this before... was pretty fun.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 04:12:29 PM »
I didn't realize there was a full moon coming up. (I pay little attention to such a thing  :-[ ) That would be perfect weekend for a Werewolf marathon. I will have to save it for then.
I hate to burst your bubble, but there is a full moon approx. every 28 days :devil: (so we just had one last weekend ;))

Well, there is still some people who may vote, so we'll see what the final verdict will be. (Of course, there is also still some items not yet voted for or it might end up 2:2:2:2 :laugh:)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 04:18:02 PM »
 :-[ like I said... I pay little (practically no) attention to such things.  :bag: :P

?I definitely need help though... I haven't watched anything yet today for the plain fact that I don't know what I am in the mood for... I keep staring and staring at my collection list... thinking... maybe?... nah.  :P
Pete

richierich

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »
:-[ like I said... I pay little (practically no) attention to such things.  :bag: :P

?I definitely need help though... I haven't watched anything yet today for the plain fact that I don't know what I am in the mood for... I keep staring and staring at my collection list... thinking... maybe?... nah.  :P

View your oldest purchased, but unwatched title.
Spring cleaning  ;)

RossRoy

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 04:59:16 PM »
I voted "Animal-Horror" making it a five way tie!  :devil:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 05:36:33 PM »
Will I be the tie breaker?

Personally I would like to see a bad horror marathon (but in a good way) or a school theme horror marathon (just to see you watch the sorority again :laugh:), but none of those choices are there.

Maybe I should choose Vampire and continue on the tie trend :hmmmm:
No, I will try to help you. So here we go my choice is Animal Horror

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »
OMG... The tie is broken!  :yahoo: But will it stay that way?  :P

but it figures it would be the one with the least amount of titles in my collection (less then 20 animal horrors!)  :laugh:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 05:49:55 PM »
but it figures it would be the one with the least amount of titles in my collection (less then 20 animal horrors!)  :laugh:

I have an idea for one you could add - Le pacte des loups (haven't seen it in your collection). I love that movie.