Author Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete First Season marathon  (Read 19506 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
The original Terminator - Cromartrie or whatever his name was - that had his head blown off in the bank was pretending to be an FBI agent after he got a new face.  That was in Queen's Gambit or Dungeon's and Dragons.  He went to question Charlie if he had seen Sarah recently..and he later told his wife that John had been there and she sort of flipped.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
 :slaphead:

Of course. Thanks for sorting that out for me.

Of course, now I am again left with that weird memory that I have seen the mirrored face of the black FBI agent with the red glow of Terminator eyes. Hmmm, maybe it was in the deleted scenes? :hmmmm:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Disc 3:
NOTE: need to do another quick week...

7. The Demon Hand

Not bad... definitely a decent episode... but for some reason I felt like I wanted more.

8. Vick's Chip

Pretty cool episode... I enjoyed the storyline this one has.

9. What He Beheld

Maybe not the best of season finales.... but I did enjoy it... and liked the cliffhanger they had.

Over-all Season Thoughts:
Over-all I still enjoyed this series quite a bit. But I am a little concerned. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did the first time watching it. So for me at least I am wondering how much re-play value this series will have.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:01:55 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
:slaphead:

Of course. Thanks for sorting that out for me.

Of course, now I am again left with that weird memory that I have seen the mirrored face of the black FBI agent with the red glow of Terminator eyes. Hmmm, maybe it was in the deleted scenes? :hmmmm:

I honestly don't remember seeing the black FBI agent with red eyes any time. 

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
I rewatched the scene at the end of the pilot and the cop doesn't even look on the screen, only Charley does.

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for going back and getting screen shots, Karsten.

Well, it seems I may just as well have dreamed about that. :bag: The scene stuck in my memory (although apparently fake) plays out with a computer screen (father than TV screen) in frame, then the focus shifts to reveal the red terminator eyes and then the camera turns around to reveal the person sitting at / looking into the computer (in my memory that was the black guy).

Like I said in my previous post, they never came back to that motiv anyway so it was just a figment of my imagination, I guess. :stars:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Ok, I found it. It's two consecutive scenes in the pilot at about 11:48.

First we see:

Cut. Next Scene.

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Ohhh..that..I remember that now. 
That was some sort of change in scenes.  It started with the FBI guy putting the information about Sarah in the computer - that she was also known as Sarah Reese.  Then the Terminator, Cromaite or whatever - I still can't spell his name lol - had hacked into the FBI system or something and was looking up Sarah, which is how he found out about her using the name Reese..which is how he eventually found them.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Thank you Karsten! :bow: That is the scene I was thinking of. Seems I was blinking for a bit too long and didn't notice that the guy with the red guys was actually no longer the FBI agent from the previous scene. And apparently it happened much earlier that I had remembered it...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
7. The Demon Hand
Ellison digs into the history of Sarah Connor. Cameron sets out to find the Turk but discovers something else entirely.

My Thoughts

This was an interesting episode.  I liked that it tied back into some of the things from the second movie and even brought back that idiot Dr. Silberman.  Where he ended up at the end of the episode was just..perfect.  I loved that.  :)  I did like that what he saw when Sarah escaped and the T-1000 was after her was addressed..as well as how the doctor and the staff dealt with it.  I didn't like one development as much...just because I didn't think it really fit with the character of Sarah.

8. Vick's Chip
What does a T-888 really think? John attempts to hack into a Terminator's memory chip in order to protect Cameron before it's too late.

My Thoughts

I thought this episode was entertaining and interesting as well..though I'm not sure why the plot outline said the hacking was done to protect Cameron.  I must have missed something..but it was late when I watched it.  Anyway, it was really interesting to see John doing more, though I did wonder how they could afford the computers and stuff while on the run.  I really want to know what is going on with Cameron...and exactly why Derek feels the way he does about her.  I'm thinking it is more than just her being a terminator...

I'll probably go watch the last episode here in a little while tonight.  Then I'll be anxious to see the 2nd season episodes.  lol  I may start tracking them down online.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
The Demon Hand
Another one of those "sorry we need to bore you, but we need to bring acreoos some more exposition" episodes. They aren't bad, it's just not a lot going on, really. I enjoyed them bringing Silverman back.

"No, I'm not police. But I do find them useful."

Vick's Chip
Those scenes with the chip were quite interesting; and creepy at times! It was cool how they tightened the screws a bit on the suspicions against Cameron, but also on Derek; good stuff for season 2.

"The roast should have been removed from the stove 18 minutes and 27 seconds ago."

What He Beheld
I somehow expected they'd go out with a bang. Well, they didn't, but I still thought this was an excellent episode. Some twists and turns along the way, a very touching moment (that scene with John and Derek, you'll know what I mean once you've seen it) and a decent cliffhanger (seems they were very confident or already knew they were picked up for a second season...). The scene in the internet café sure played out quite unexpected for a show like this.

School Friend: "Is this your car?"
Cameron: "No. It belongs to the guy I killed and stuffed in the trunk."

My conclusion:
A cool TV series that connect Terminator 2 and 3 brilliantly (so far), with good acting, sufficient amount of action and some humor thrown in for good measure. :thumbup: Looking forward to season 2 (full-length!).

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
The Demon Hand
Another one of those "sorry we need to bore you, but we need to bring acreoos some more exposition" episodes. They aren't bad, it's just not a lot going on, really.

Funny. As I said in my review a while ago, to me that was by far the best episode of the season.
Matthias

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
What He Beheld
I somehow expected they'd go out with a bang. Well, they didn't

Probably because this episode wasn't supposed to be a season finale. It had to serve as one as the writer's strike put an end to the production.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
07. The Demon Hand (2008-02-25)
Writer: Josh Friedman (Created By), Toni Graphia (Writer), James Cameron (Original Characters By), Gale Anne Hurd (Original Characters By)
Director: Charles Beeson
Cast: Lena Headey (Sarah Connor), Thomas Dekker (John Connor), Summer Glau (Cameron), Richard T. Jones (Agent James Ellison), Mark Ivanir (Dmitri Shipkov), Angela Gots (Maria), Traber Burns (Chief of Staff), Brian Austin Green (Derek Reese), Bruce Davison (Dr. Peter Silberman), Mark Bloom (FBI Evidence Clerk), Ron Butler (Social Worker), Alex Veadov (Russian Man)

I like it when they are referencing events of the movies. I think Derek is a good addition to the cast.

But I don't think it was a good choice to have Cameron ballet dancing. Only because the actress is a ballet dancer doesn't mean you have to incorporate it into the story.

Rating:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Funny. As I said in my review a while ago, to me that was by far the best episode of the season.
Well, my words may have been a bit harsh there, and like I said already, it's not a bad episode (although a tad too religious for my taste). Slow, it's slow compared to the others, so for an action series it's something different...

But I can say, while I'd have to go back and look at all episodes again to find a favorite, it's quite likely not this one...

Probably because this episode wasn't supposed to be a season finale. It had to serve as one as the writer's strike put an end to the production.
Ah, yes, good point there. Well, it made for a short season, which I like a little better (like Dexter). We'll see how the next one will play out, when they will make their moves through 20+ episodes...