Author Topic: @Doctor Who fans: What classical episodes can you recommend?  (Read 1941 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
@Doctor Who fans: What classical episodes can you recommend?
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
I already got the "The Beginning" box with "An Unearthly Child", "The Daleks" and "The Edge of Destruction".

I also ordered "The Time Warrior" (introduction of Sarah Jane Smith), "Robot" (introduction of the Fourth Doctor Tom Baker) and "Genesis of the Daleks" (also with SJS and TB).

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:24:00 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Critter

Re: @Doctor Who fans: What classical episodes can you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:36:20 PM »
I am a huge fan of the new Doctor Who but I must admit that I have not watched any of the olde episodes  :bag:.

I probably should check it out at some stage, I used to like older shows and when I was a child I watched episodes of Thunderbirds and Lost in Space everyday.

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:31:10 AM »
I'd probably like the original stuff if I made the effort, but I grew up with the Davison, Baker and McCoy eras and I thought it was awful. Cheap and cheesy, apart from that superb theme. The new Docs are much better.

snowcat

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:23:41 AM »
Hmm, I quite liked some of the older episodes.

Id recomedn a few Tom Baker episodes

The Talons of Weng-Chiang, City of Death, Genesis of the Daleks

...I doubt they are in order, I remember watching them repeated on a tv channel (not sure which) when I was younger, they are the episodes that stuck in my head.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 10:00:49 PM »
The Talons of Weng-Chiang, City of Death

Those have been mentioned quite a few times. I will now wait for the arrival of those I already ordered, check them out and if me likey likey then I'll buy these next.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

snowcat

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:28 PM »
I hope you like them :)

northbloke

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 02:32:31 AM »
As well as the three already mentioned, I remember having fond memories of The Horror of Fang Rock, The Image of Fendahl and Pyramids of Mars.
I also thought The Daemons (an older Jon Pertwee one) and Terror of the Zygons (despite the god awful monster effect at the end) were good too, but I'm not sure if they're available on dvd.