Author Topic: HTML editor  (Read 2972 times)

RossRoy

HTML editor
« on: April 24, 2007, 06:21:57 PM »
I hope we are allowed to go off-topic in this section.

Anyways, I need to make a single small web page. Now I know enough HTML to mostly get what I want, that's not a problem. What happens is I've seen some neat effects using CSS that I have no idea how to do. I could take the time to read about CSS, but I don't have the time to do it, as I need this little page online by the end of the day.

What I was looking for is an easy to use web page maker, preferably WYSIWYG, that would generate the CSS automatically.

Can anybody suggest something, and point me to a guide on how to use it, if possible. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Touti

Re: HTML editor
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:09:09 PM »
I can't help you myself but depending on what it is maybe I can have our web designer at work do it for you.  A search on google will also show numerous CSS Editors that are very good and free.

As for the subject, the General section is intended for that, general stuff, no particular subject ;)

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 08:02:33 PM »
Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to decline. I want to learn, so I better do it myself.

Also, I've NVu/Komposer which seem to do what I want.

xyrano

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:57 AM »
Also, I've NVu/Komposer which seem to do what I want.
I use notepad...  ;)

RossRoy, if you have time and patience, check http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS.

RossRoy

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »
I use notepad...  ;)
I use Crimson Editor actually, but that's when I do simple HTML and ugly pages. I want to do something nice for once.

RossRoy, if you have time and patience, check http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS.
That's the thing, I unfortunately don't have the time at this time, so that's why I wanted a WYSIWYG editor, that would allow me to do some nice things, while still generating standards compliant code (which Kompozer does) so that I could educate myself by looking at what it did.  ;D

xyrano

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 05:31:20 PM »
I would like to take a peek at your work  :D

RossRoy

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 09:17:08 PM »
I'll see what I can do, but don't hold your breath. Those pages are dealing with sensitive data to be posted on my work's intranet.

xyrano

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 11:11:31 PM »
I'll see what I can do, but don't hold your breath. Those pages are dealing with sensitive data to be posted on my work's intranet.
I know exactly what that is all about, as I used to work with intranet... things... so I'm not expecting to see anything.

Breathing normally! ;)