Author Topic: Reverse Alphabet Marathon - Discussion Thread  (Read 26780 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Reverse Alphabet Marathon - Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 11:28:13 PM »
For a help to determinate eligible titles:
Open a command prompt in the directory you have your collection.xml from Profiler. Enter the following command (replace ? with the appropriate letter):
findstr "?</Title>" Collection.xml
findstr "?</OriginalTitle>" Collection.xml

Another possibility. Import your collection in my CCViewer and use the following SQL query:
Code: [Select]
SELECT p.ProfileID, p.Title, p.ColNo, p.SortTitle, p.Originaltitle, p.OriginalSortTitle, p.Description FROM Profiles p WHERE p.Title LIKE '*$Title ends with$' OR p.OriginalTitle LIKE '*$Title ends with$';
Or do you guys know another way to determine this easily? Some of you have already compiled lists. How did you do it?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 11:36:59 PM by TomGaines »

RossRoy

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 11:33:17 PM »
Some of you have already compiled lists. How did you do it?

I used your CCViewer  ;D

richierich

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 09:53:44 AM »
From what
I have updated my list with titles I am planning to watch. Maybe (if there should be time left) I will watch a movie for "!" and for "?".

From what I just read 'somewhere else' Stephen King's It has a "!" at the end of it  :tease:

:hysterical:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 10:47:35 AM »
Or do you guys know another way to determine this easily? Some of you have already compiled lists. How did you do it?
Didn't know about this "findstr" stuff, so I simply used Excel (well, OpenOffice, to be precise). Exported to CSV, copied the Title to the spreadsheet and then used some IF and whatnot stuff to find the Titles for each letter. (I use such stuff a lot at work, so it seemed like a natural choice to me.

Najemikon

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 01:13:29 AM »
Ok, I have a query. I intend to watch a new DVD soon, and it may as well be part of this here marathon thingy. The DVD is Hostel Part II. Where the heck does it belong? Does it end in 'L' for Hostel, 'I' for the Roman Numeral II, or '2' because it isn't actually a letter 'I', it's a number. Argh! :stars:

richierich

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 01:16:25 AM »
Ok, I have a query. I intend to watch a new DVD soon, and it may as well be part of this here marathon thingy. The DVD is Hostel Part II. Where the heck does it belong? Does it end in 'L' for Hostel, 'I' for the Roman Numeral II, or '2' because it isn't actually a letter 'I', it's a number. Argh! :stars:

use the credit block   :book:

(or whatever suits your marathon  :thumbup:  )

let us know what the film is like, as i haven't succombed to purchasing it yet

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 04:35:06 AM »
:whistle: Quietly slips one in before the others arrive...  :tease:
:yellowcard: I saw that!!! :readthis:

Just kidding... As you may have noticed, I haven't started yet, despite having considered though. I have been busier than expected and actually just saw one (or was it two) DVD since completing the October marathon... I have stuff to do today and then will start the new marathon right away tomorrow. :training: Looking forward; I have nothing planned for the weekend and hope to get some letters scratched off the list then.

(or whatever suits your marathon  :thumbup:  )
I'd have given that answer too. After all, it's all about this: :tv:

let us know what the film is like, as i haven't succombed to purchasing it yet
But don't spoil it, as I have it's currently in the mail on its way to me... I decided to go ahead after reading a favorable review at DVD Talk. Originally I was quite hesitant about this one.

richierich

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 04:10:32 PM »
I'm out of the starting blocks - should get a few under my belt by Sunday but then it will probably peak off

good viewing everyone  :thumbup:

RossRoy

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »
And it's a start. Although I doubt I'll get one watched tonight, other interest getting in the way (hockey).

Good luck everyone, see you at the finish line (or anywhere along the way, if you don't get there)  ;D

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 04:58:23 PM »
I just finished the first one myself. Also hoping to get a good head start until Sunday (to compensate for the few days I'm unavailable towards the end of the month).

Good luck to all of you! :tv:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 09:05:08 PM »
Just kicked off my marathon with the rather disappointing Twilight Zone movie.

RossRoy

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 06:00:55 AM »
Well, my marathon is officially started.

I took an easy start though: Rocky IV, which I had seen before (even though I forgot to mark it as such in the listing), and is probably my favorite of them all.

So the ice is broken, we'll see how deep I sink ;)

lyonsden5

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 06:26:43 AM »
Spiderman 3 got me started tonight. It's nothing compared Spiderman 1 that's for sure.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 01:14:34 PM »
I am still filling out my list but I decided to start with Funny Girl. I had seen this when it first came out...aaggghhhh 40 years ago! I thought it was great then and it has stood the test of time. Of course I love Barbra Streisand and then there's Omar Sharif. :drooling:

lyonsden5

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 09:20:06 PM »
Question - does Spiderman 3 count as a number? I thought someone else brought it dealing with sequels but I can't find it.