Author Topic: Sanctuary  (Read 1878 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Sanctuary
« on: October 26, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »
Anyone check out the new Sci-Fi Channel Original Series Sanctuary? I only watched the first couple episodes so far... and I have to admit... I am really enjoying it. Even more then Fringe... which I also watched only the first couple episodes of.

Sanctuary
Amanda Tapping as Dr. Helen Magnus, one of the first female doctors in the Royal College during Victorian England. Dr. Magnus takes over her fathers' sanctuary for supernatural creatures, collected from all over the world. In her work with these creatures, Dr. Magnus has received age longevity. She is joined by her daughter Ashley, played by Emilie Ullerup, and young psychiatric resident Dr. Will Zimmerman, played by Robin Dunne, who may have what it takes to become her new protégé.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Sanctuary
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:24:38 PM »
Thx, I'll look into it.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 11:59:32 PM »
 ???

"Victorian England"? Is this an American show? I haven't heard of it, so I assume it must be and I'm afraid the American TV version of England is bad enough without them trying to travel back to a period setting!

EDIT: Ah! I get it now. It isn't set in Victorian England, she came from there. Cool, that's alright then! :P Sounds a bit Torchwood-y
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:31:28 AM by Jon »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 12:38:21 AM »
Oh... it is set in present time America. (and yes an American show) The doctor (Amanda Tappin) is what they call an "abnormal"... she is over 150 years old... and apparently will live forever. Apparently came to the US and started up "The Sanctuary" which is a form of a clinic in her home... where all kinds of "abnormals" can stay. There is many weird as well as mystical beings there... they can be safe from the world and the doctor can study them as well as keep them safe. So far I have seen a mermaid, Jack the Ripper (through a flashback), a guy with 2 faces... one good one evil (Makes me kinda think of Dr. Jeckyll and  Mr. Hyde). As well as some things that I don't know what I would call them. And the last episode I saw had a few witches. So it is a little of everything.

Check this out to get an idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9V8XwnoMvc&feature=related
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 12:52:05 AM »
I haven't heard of this before but it does sound very interesting.

lyonsden5

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 08:35:29 PM »
I have them recorded but have not had the chance to watch more than the 1st half hour (I fell asleep  :-[ )

Being a huge SG-1 fan I have been looking forward to this since I found out about it a while ago. From what I saw they did a good job. I'll be catching up on it now that I'm back home.  :thumbup:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 01:38:54 PM »
I have them recorded but have not had the chance to watch more than the 1st half hour (I fell asleep  :-[ )

Being a huge SG-1 fan I have been looking forward to this since I found out about it a while ago. From what I saw they did a good job. I'll be catching up on it now that I'm back home.  :thumbup:

I've got the first three or four recorded(off of ITV4), but just not been in the mood to watch them yet.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 10:06:16 PM »
I have seen the first eight episodes and the show is not bad, but if you haven't seen it, you haven't missed anything either.

Now I've watched enough for this weekend, it must end somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:08:12 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools