Author Topic: [Rerun Marathon] Spaced  (Read 23033 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
[Rerun Marathon] Spaced
« on: October 15, 2007, 10:58:25 PM »
How is it done?
Beginning of each week the next episode in line from the series "Spaced" is announced. Everyone has time to watch and rate that episode until the end of that week.
Please rate it on a scale to 10 (only whole numbers) and optionally leave a short review or thoughts on that episode. This first post is then updated with the rating average.

Anybody you joins in, please leave a short message in this thread saying so. You can join in anytime.

Please use this thread only for rating and discussing the current episode. For general rerun marathon discussions please use
this thread.

Currently watching:
TomGaines
Najemikon
ya_shin

Episode                  Avg Rating  Vote Count
1.1 Beginnings83
1.2 Gatherings9.33
1.3 Art7.73
1.4 Battles83
1.5 Chaos9.73
1.6 Epiphanies103
1.7 Ends7.52
2.1 Back9.33
2.2 Change103
2.3 Mettle92
2.4 Help9.73
2.5 Gone9.73
2.6 Dissolution92
2.7 Leaves8.73
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 07:06:49 PM by TomGaines »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: [Rerun Marathon] Spaced
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 11:00:02 PM »
First episode: 1.1 Beginnings
Deadline: 2007-10-21 (Sunday)

I hope this will be watched by more than two people ;)

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 12:39:33 AM »
Oh I'll definitely be joining in. I've been crippled by the alphabet marathon, so didn't bother with Police Squad, but I'll make room for Spaced. There's always room for Spaced!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 06:42:37 AM »
I'll join in too. I also didn't join Police Squad! because I needed to concentrate on the Alphabet and I had just watched it last month. But as I have sufficient mileage on the Alphabet Marathon by now I'll join in with Spaced. It's a great show and sure should grant a second viewing after about a year...

lyonsden5

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
appears to be a region 2 title only  :-\

:-[

:bag:

RossRoy

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 03:28:08 PM »
Yeah, I was planning on buying it, but it's a region 2 only title, and I don't especially like ordering other regions.

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 09:54:14 PM »
Ooooh, region snob...  :tease:

I have region 1 titles. Why can't you have region 2? Especially when Spaced is better than any US sitcom. Again, with the  :tease: :tease: :tease:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 01:08:12 AM »
Ooooh, region snob...  :tease:

I have region 1 titles. Why can't you have region 2? Especially when Spaced is better than any US sitcom. Again, with the  :tease: :tease: :tease:

:laugh: I don't even know if my DVD player would accept any region other than 1 or any/none. :stars:

RossRoy

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 02:41:55 AM »
I have a few R2 DVD (3), but I don't like the hassle of it, or having to explain to my friends why they can't borrow it because it won't play on their player.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 07:48:53 PM »
Finished watching the first episode. 8/10

Good opening episode, introducing all the main characters.

"So, do you like my comic?"
"Yeah, yeah. Oh, that reminds me I was talking to Marsha about the rubbish..."

Also liked the way the very first scene was cut.

In general, this TV series has great witty dialogues and excellent cutting, which those of you who don't know the series might have seen in "Shaun of the Dead" or "Hot Fuzz" (if you haven't seen either of those yet: What are you waiting for?). While it's not laugh out loud funny all the time, it's just great fun to see those two (Simon Pegg and Jessica Stephenson) interact.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 10:59:08 PM »
8/10

This is the first time I'll watch this series since Shaun of the Dead was released. I saw it two years before that and it was the reason, I went to see Shaun of the Dead in the theater.
Even after the great Shaun of the Dead this series still holds up. It's even funnier than I remember it. Also great camera/editing work. And also great visual gags (like the Velma and Shaggy scene  :laugh: ).

Najemikon

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 02:52:01 AM »
4/5

Ditto on everything already said. I think there is more invention in each episode than in an entire season of Friends. Edgar Wright really pushes the limit of what people expect from a British sitcom. Just little touches like the scene where Daisy wishes she was telepathic, "don't you Tim... Damn!" with the pan to Tim's dopey expression, and the different angles on one shot as they listen to Amber charging down the stairs.

Favourite line: "Mind you, I have no memory of Christmas 1994 either.", "Why's that?", "I don't remember..."  :hysterical:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 08:57:36 PM »
Next episode: Gatherings
Deadline: 2007-10-28 (Sunday)

Average rating of previous episode:
8 (3 votes)

Najemikon

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »
I'm not ruining your average calculator am I, Tom? I don't like using a 10 point scale because I find I get too nitpicky. And whereas I'm happy to ladle out 5/5s, 10/10s never happen! :-[

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
I will use the scale 10 for calculation. I adjusted yours to fit it. I found, that people who use scale 5 work with half points. Therefore multiplying it with 2 I get what I want.
However if someone decides to use half points with the scale 10, I will round up. I set as condition to use only whole numbers and this is what I set the database to which collects and calculates the ratings/averages.