Author Topic: I hate double-sided discs  (Read 3127 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
I hate double-sided discs
« on: October 07, 2007, 09:09:13 PM »
These cheap bastards who are unwilling to spend a few more cents on packaging! Yesterday I got "Space: Above And Beyond". Just inserted the first disc and know what? Double-Sided.  >:( >:( >:(

I am carful with my DVDs but with them you have to be way to careful. Just inserting them into a notebook DVD drive is an adventure since you have very little space to press onto.

And my german "Emergency Room" discs are so thick that the DVD drive (it's a slot drive) on my MacMini cannot eject them fully. They get stuck and I have to pull them out. But where to touch???

Did I already say I hate them?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 09:49:34 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

ninehours

Re: I hate double-sided discs
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 09:46:06 PM »
Yes their horrible  :voodoo:

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 03:01:22 AM »
Personally, while I don't like them, I don't mind them either. Gotta admit though I don't have to play them in any slot loading device, or a notebook type (hubbed?) device. All are tray loaded so it ain't too bad.

But yeah, given a choice, give me two discs. Can't be all that much more expensive!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 10:49:44 AM »
Personally, while I don't like them, I don't mind them either. Gotta admit though I don't have to play them in any slot loading device, or a notebook type (hubbed?) device. All are tray loaded so it ain't too bad.

But yeah, given a choice, give me two discs. Can't be all that much more expensive!

My thoughts exactly.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 11:14:45 AM »
While I don't play them on my NB, it's the only Windows computer I have and on that runs DVDP.

Hubbed? Do you mean that? If yes, that's what I meant, too. if no, I meant that. ;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 03:14:04 PM »
Hubbed? Do you mean that?

Probably not even the right name for it, but yeah that's what I meant too.

lyonsden5

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 03:30:42 PM »
I to dislike the double sided discs. Many of my TV shows have them.

One thing I don't like is I can't see the writing to see which side is supposed to be up (stupid old eyeballs  :-\ )

OT - One point awarded to Karsten for nice use of the thread icon  :laugh: