Author Topic: Month-Long Horror/Halloween Marathon  (Read 136198 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Month-Long Horror/Halloween Marathon
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2007, 02:30:10 AM »

Title: Slither
Movie Count: 84
TV Ep Count: 34
Time Started: 7pm
Plot:
Prepare youself for this terrifying, twisted and chilling film that critics are calling ' the most entertaining horror movie in years' (Joe Williams, St Louis Post-Dispatch).

From the writer of 2004's Dawn of the Dead comes the deliciously demented story of an unnamed evil wreaking havoc on a small town. Intent on devouring all life on Earth, this dark force is infecting anyone in its path. Now it's up to the local sheriff, Bill Pardy (Nathan Fillion, Serenity), and his team to stop the spread of rampant devastation - and shocking mutilation - before it's too late.

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I just got today in a DVD Care Package from a good friend of mine. This is a movie that I have never seen.... it is one I have heard good and bad about. And one that the friend of mine did not like at all. So I am going into this movie with fairly low expectations. After watching this one I have mixed feelings. I really like Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Serenity)... and thought he was good in this movie.... and I liked the main premise of the movie. But I do think that some of the stuff they added into this movie was a little to overboard for the storyline. So even though I did enjoy it... and sure I will watch it again... it could have been better. I think I would rate this one at about 7 out of 10.

OK... And this bring my 2007 Month-Long Horror/Halloween Marathon to an end. I really had a great time watching all this horror. Sure some of it was better then others... and yes... some of it was pretty bad!.. but over-all I had a great month! What really made this month even more enjoyable is that this year I got to watch a lot of movies I have never seen before.... and of course that is always a good thing!

I met both my goals this year... I watched at least one show for the marathon every single day of the month... and I beat... ok destroyed my record of 63 movies from 2 years ago. My new record is this year... with 84 movies within this month!
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2007, 03:18:14 AM »
I met both my goals this year... I watched at least one show for the marathon every single day of the month... and I beat... ok destroyed my record of 63 movies from 2 years ago. My new record is this year... with 84 movies within this month![/i][/b]

84 movies AND 34 TV episodes!?!?!?!? :o :o :o
 :bow:  :thundergod: :bow:  :thundergod: :bow:  :thundergod: :bow: 

CONGRATULATIONS PETE!

RossRoy

« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2007, 04:17:19 AM »
Well Pete, you deserve a nice month of rest! That A LOT of DVD watching in a single month! Hats off to you! :bow:

But that sets the bar real high for next year!  :o

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2007, 07:36:32 AM »
 :yahoo:  :clap:

Good job, Pete! well done. An amazing amount of movies/episodes to be watched within 31 days.

But like Sebastien says, try beating THAT next year... :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2007, 10:31:18 AM »
LOL.... thanks everyone...
I had a great time watching all this month... and at least right now I don't even want to think about next year! but you can believe whether I can beat it or not... I will give it my all!  ;D
Pete