Author Topic: Anyone know any good drowning songs?  (Read 1587 times)

Buefox75

Anyone know any good drowning songs?
« on: September 21, 2007, 09:55:27 PM »
According to the Digital Bits:

On the DVD front, MGM has announced Erik the Viking: The Director's (Son's) Cut for release on 12/4. No kidding - you'll find the cover art below. Additional details will follow soon.

Can't wait...

EDIT: Apparently, this was already released overseas, so only we poor souls in the States (and possibly Canada) have been deprived. I will say that our cousins overseas have better senses of humor, or humour, than we do. But we're gaining fast, what with a certain chimp in the White House.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 11:36:49 PM by Buefox75 »

lovemunkey187

Re: Anyone know any good drowning songs?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 09:40:55 PM »
EDIT: Apparently, this was already released overseas, so only we poor souls in the States (and possibly Canada) have been deprived. I will say that our cousins overseas have better senses of humor, or humour, than we do. But we're gaining fast, what with a certain chimp in the White House.

In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 09:49:36 PM »
But we're gaining fast, what with a certain chimp in the White House.

Hey...don't insult the chimps!

Buefox75

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 05:08:13 PM »
So, I finally was able to watch this. I bought it when it came out but have been too busy.

Now, I wish I'd never bothered. The Director's Son's cut is so very bad. I realize that the original film, while great fun, was never stellar. But the new cut actually made it a lot worse.
I saw a couple instances where something had been cut from scene, leaving the beginning and end of the scene just smacking together.
I rarely feel bad about my DVD choices but this stinker gave me heartburn.

Kathy, sorry I insulted the chimps.