Author Topic: Deep Discount - problem!?!  (Read 8286 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Discount - problem!?!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 10:01:22 PM »
OK... now this kinda pissed me off a little. As I said in the other thread I canceled a pre-order because I felt guilty about getting the set I wanted... and I can always pick the movie up later. Well... this was with Deep Discount... and it appears they started something new... I just got an email about my canceled order... they canceled it... but it seems they charged me a $1.00 canceling fee. I never had an online store charge me for canceling an order!  :thumbdown:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 10:05:56 PM »
One more reason for me to not doing business with them anymore :thumbdown:

One time was enough for me... For me it's Amazon (all of them) for the common stuff, Diabolik for the hard to find title or the DVD producer companies store themselves.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 10:21:47 PM »
It seems I read it wrong. I read the quantity number canceled (number of items) as a $1.00 charge. But in my defense... instead of just saying 1 (item) they put 1.00 :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 11:25:54 PM »
:hysterical:
:tease:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 02:58:21 AM »
Well, nice to see DeepDiscount didn't actually charge you.

However, ever since they were bought up by that other company their service has gone down and the prices have gone up. Amazon is just less expensive throughout with very few exceptions. Heck, even during their big sales (hmmmm, seems there wasn't one in June...?) they now hardly get below Amazon. :headscratch:

I once wanted to cancel an order just few minutes after placing it and they said "no, already being worked on". What...? So, I now own two copies of Tati's playtime :( (Well, I guess they needed to make up for the free copy of another one they had sent me years earlier.) Then, with the same order I think, they sent me a bootleg-loking disc which said The Satanic Rites of Dracula (supposed to be the Christopher Lee one) somewhere tiny on the cover (and an ugly cover that was) but was in fact some cheap no-budget flick.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2010, 03:15:28 AM »
Yeah... they seldomly beat Amazon prices anymore... I normally stick with Amazon now myself.
Pete