Author Topic: Minor glitch: wrong tab highlighted  (Read 1605 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Minor glitch: wrong tab highlighted
« on: March 14, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »
When I am in the forums the "FORUM" tab in the nav bar is highlighted all the time. And rightly so.

Except when I click on either "Show unread posts since last visit." or "Show new replies to your posts." then "HOME" is active.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

Re: Minor glitch: wrong tab highlighted
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:42:26 AM »
Well, it could be argued that you are, in fact, HOME since it is a personal page that nobody else would see.  :whistle:

Touti

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 12:43:23 PM »
"Home" is not a function of the forum, it is added to the menus when the portal is installed.  The whole sectionabove the menu with your avatar and the links for new posts, new replies etc is also part of the portal which is why you can see it even in the front page.

So, "Show unread posts since last visit." is a portal function, not a forum function and that is why when you use it the "Home" tab is highlighted.  It is correct although I agree it appears a bit strange

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 02:03:51 PM »
OK :)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools