Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 21041 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dexter
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 11:12:53 AM »
 :laugh:

Thanks for bringing up this thread. I meant to ask: How was season 3? Anyone here seen it? Is it on par with Season 1 and/or 2? I am not sure I should order it as I am concerned whether it will be just more of the same...

lyonsden5

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 03:14:04 PM »
Just as good if not better. Jimmy Smits makes agreat new best friend for Dexter. If you liked S1 & S2 you will definitely enjoy S3

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 07:22:16 PM »
Thanks, that sounds great. I'll order it i September together with Big Bang Theory... (DeepDiscount sucked my entire DVD budget.....and then some :bag:)

lyonsden5

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 11:45:16 PM »
Quote:
Showtime has confirmed news that Julia Stiles will appear in ten episodes of "Dexter" this season. According to the channel, Stiles will "play a mysterious young woman who forms a unique relationship with Dexter article at Variety.com WARNING - ARTICLE CONTAINS MAJOR SEASON 4 SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't seen Season 4 yet avoid and and all articles or discussions regarding this.

With that said I can't wait to see what my favorite serial killer has in store for Jason Bourne's girlfriend  :clap:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 11:53:02 PM »
If you haven't seen Season 4 yet avoid and and all articles or discussions regarding this.

I recently came about another casting article for S5 that contained a major spoiler for S4 without any warning. I usually don't mind spoiler, but that one had me stumped.
Serious S4/Mild S5 spoiler:
(click to show/hide)
Matthias

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 12:22:32 AM »

I recently came about another casting article for S5 that contained a major spoiler for S4 without any warning. I usually don't mind spoiler, but that one had me stumped.
Serious S4/Mild S5 spoiler:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 12:35:36 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

With "stumped" I meant frustrated. I wish I wouldn't know that particular fact before watching S4.
Matthias

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 12:42:13 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

With "stumped" I meant frustrated. I wish I wouldn't know that particular fact before watching S4.

Ahh..ok.  I understand that.  I've accidentally found out stuff in advance that I would have preferred not knowing too.

lyonsden5

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2010, 12:47:53 AM »
I can certainly sympathize with you Mathias. It's a shame you stumbled across that article. It's one of those spoilers that is hard hide for any length of time though. Still, the writer of the article should at the very least get slapped around a bit.  :voodoo:

Something similar happened to me a while ago. It had to do with the series 24. I watched season 2 before season 1 without realizing
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 12:53:22 AM »
I saw an article 1 or 2 days after the season finale of Dexter that had a spoiler right in the title

(click to show/hide)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 01:00:21 AM »
According to the channel, Stiles will "play a mysterious young woman who forms a unique relationship with Dexter

I'm also a bit wary of the implied rehash-factor. I mean, S4 (like S1) seems to have
(click to show/hide)
as the antagonist while S5 (like S2) has Dexter in relationship with a mysterious woman.
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2010, 12:37:52 PM »
I started watching Dexter season 1, episode 1 on Sep 4th 2010. Last night I finished with the last episode of season 4.

(click to show/hide)

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2010, 01:46:19 PM »
I started watching Dexter season 1, episode 1 on Sep 4th 2010. Last night I finished with the last episode of season 4.

I guess that means you liked it.  :)
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 01:48:59 PM »
Nah, totally boring...

Now I'm not sure if I should watch it on a weekly basis or wait til the fifth season is over.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »
Nah, totally boring...
Yeah, I can see how you finished all seasons quickly to get over with it then :laugh: