Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 21042 times)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: Dexter
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 12:36:48 AM »
This finished a couple of months back on $ky over here and is a fantastic show(Dexter's sister is brilliant  :hysterical:)
She truly is. Jennifer Carpenter's performance completely blew me away. But she probably won't appear in the censored network version at all.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 06:00:41 PM »
This finished a couple of months back on $ky over here and is a fantastic show(Dexter's sister is brilliant  :hysterical:)

If you're not watching it or have watched, what the H - E - double hockey sticks you playing at?

Okay, before things get violent in this thread, I watched the first two episodes of Dexter today... It's a great show!

I also like how they mix a "freak of the week" with that ongoing storyline. But heck, now I have to wait another four weeks before I can continue to watch :'(

She truly is. Jennifer Carpenter's performance completely blew me away. But she probably won't appear in the censored network version at all.
While the gore is somewhat limited and easy to cut around the language will indeed be somewhat of a challenge.

But have you seen that featurette on Scarface? Scarface is also full of the f-word, yet they managed to put it on TV; the featurette explained quite nicely how that is done.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »
Thank you all very much... I had to order the first season today.  :P At least I got a decent price... Amazon had it for $19.99 :)
Pete

Peter von Frosta

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 09:33:15 AM »
I started watching Dexter last week. It was on my wishlist for a long time now, but when german pay-tv "Premiere" showed the first season, I borrowed the season 1 set from a friend of mine (he's in Taiwan right now and asked me to feed his cat, so I have access to his DVD collection which is even larger than mine).
I've watched the first six episodes so far, and I'm really blown away. Although I always had the opinion that Michael Hall isn't a good actor at all, but his overacting fits the role perfect. Rest of the cast is decent too, although I think most of them were just typecase (but does that matter in the end?).

The season arc is interesting, and I don't mind the "killer of the week" format too much, as long as they don't overdo it (like in Smallville e.g.). Interesting thing is, this is one of the series were I can't think of any appropiate ending. Which makes it even more interesting.

And I really like Dexters alter ego "Dr. Patrick Bateman" :hysterical:

PS
Before anyone asks, we regulary borrow each other DVDs. We are both collectors and know how to handle the precious acrylic discs ;)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »
Here is an LA Times article about the "slicing and dicing" of Dexter for CBS.
Matthias

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 05:38:56 PM »
Well... I just now watched the pilot episode of Dexter... All I can say is Wow!... I am speechless!

Just what I needed... another series I am addicted to!  :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 06:04:49 PM »
Well... I just now watched the pilot episode of Dexter... All I can say is Wow!... I am speechless!

Just what I needed... another series I am addicted to!  :P

Now you've done it! I now have to put Dexter on my Wishlist  :bag:
I have resisted until now, but I have never encountered a bad word about Dexter. This show must be really great (if not, I blame you  :P  :laugh:)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »
LOL... well hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I am so far. :)
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 05:41:01 AM »
After I returned from germany I finished the first season (well, it is rather short) very, very quickly. I just couldn't resist and kept needing to know how the season's story arc continues.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 03:20:39 PM »
BTW, the Season 2 box is scheduled to be released on 19-Aug-2008 (according to tvshowsondvd.com, but no details yet).
Matthias

lyonsden5

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
Amazon once again has this listed for 19.99 Anyone who hasn't grabbed it yet should read this thread again. I have yet to find anyone who has watched this that didn't think it was one of the best TV shows in recent years.

It would be a great time to watch as Season 2 comes out in about a month.

Season 1
Season 2

EDIT: I just read Jimmy Smits is going to be in Season 3.  :thumbup: I've been a fan of his since L.A.Law. I guess since he was in Miami  for his series "Cane", once that failed it was natural he join the Dexter cast  :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 02:55:41 PM by Rick »

m.cellophane

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 04:51:01 PM »
EDIT: I just read Jimmy Smits is going to be in Season 3.
mmm. Bait.  :P

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »
I finally got Dexter! Target had season 1 & 2 on sale this week for $18.99 so I picked up both. I have to admit I'm hooked. I finished the first season last night and plan on watching the second tonight. Hmmm...I wonder when season 3 comes out!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 05:21:42 AM »
I've started watching my first season set of Dexter.  The only reason I haven't finished it yet is because of my stupid work schedule.  After I watched the first 4 episodes, I went straight to sleep..and had weird dreams.   :laugh:  Not a nightmare..just weird.  So I decided to wait and not go right to sleep after it anymore.  But I do really like it.  I think I'm gonna get the second season set here soon.

lyonsden5

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 06:38:23 AM »
Promo art for the next season was just posted on Facebook. Kinda sets the stage for next season I would say.

Dexter.... a dad... of a baby yet!  :stars: :hysterical: