Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 21056 times)

m.cellophane

Dexter
« on: August 17, 2007, 07:25:53 PM »
Anyone watching Dexter? It's on Showtime and stars Michael C. Hall from Six Feet Under. I just started watching some episodes recently and I plan to get the Season 1 set on Tuesday. (Season 2 starts soon.)

Hall plays Dexter who has a killer's instinct but who was trained by his stepdad to "be good". So he channels his killing desires into killing "bad people" (eg. other serial killers).  :devil:

He has some "cellophane" qualities that I sort of get into.  :friends: He tries to appear normal in his real life and he fears discovery. Lots of insecurity. Lots of agonizing.  :laugh: There's a cool sense of humor about the whole thing.

Recommended!  :thumbup:

ninehours

Re: Dexter
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 07:41:02 PM »
http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,227.0.html

Yea as soon as i saw the first episode i went strait on line and ordered it brilliant show essential viewing.

lyonsden5

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 01:32:04 AM »
Thanks to both of you. Sounds like something I'll add to the wishlist

lyonsden5

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 02:32:56 PM »
Anyone who not watching this show is truly missing out on some of the best TV I have ever watched (and I have watched a LOT of TV).

The cast is superb, the writing is brilliant, the production value is high, great scenery, incredible camera and lighting work (rivals many great films where lighting and camera angles help set the tone) and great music.

With the holiday season just about here and DVD sales going on everywhere it has to be on sale somewhere. Season 1 is out on DVD now. Season 2 is about 3/4 over (currently airing on Shotime).
Pick this one up when you see it. You will not regret it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:09:34 PM »
Well, since your plugging it so strongly, I'll see if I can squeeze it into my 20% off purchase at DeepDiscount.com... :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 05:26:52 PM »
I've added it to my wishlist. But since I can't buy anything from now 'til X-Mas (family rule), we'll see if I get it or not.

lyonsden5

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »
2 more Dexterphiles coming soon  :yahoo:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 12:33:22 AM »
I've added it to my wishlist. But since I can't buy anything from now 'til X-Mas (family rule), we'll see if I get it or not.

Pretty much the same rule here... so no more spending for me till after the New Year (Will be broke after Xmas!).... My brother has been pushing for me to get this series... so I may have to add it to one of my Xmas Wishlists I hand out to people.
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 04:54:53 AM »
your brother is a wise man  :thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 06:40:07 AM »
I just put together a wish list at DeepDiscount.com for my 20% sale order(s).

Ended up being $370 :o (before discount). Not entirely sure yet but I may just want to get all of those :bag:

That would of course be my last purchase for 2007...

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 11:48:51 PM »
I just read in today's paper that they are moving Dexter from Showtime to CBS "as part of a strategy to blunt the impact of the just-concluded writer's strike."

I wonder if this move, the first time a premium cable drama that has moved to network TV, will end up hurting the show.

lyonsden5

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 01:12:42 AM »
It's not really being "moved". Season one is being aired in an edited form on CBS. If you've watched the show you know CBS will have no trouble finding content to remove.  :laugh: Heck, I can think of two main characters that will have to simply have non speaking cameos  :hysterical:

I do agree with the sentiment that airing it on CBS may not help the show. The watered down version just won't be the same and could hurt.  :-\

m.cellophane

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 04:19:34 AM »
I hope that it helps gain recognition for the show. Kinda makes me wonder if they'll only be able to fill a 30-minute slot per episode though...slit necks, chopped up body parts, the shipping container. At least they had some forethought with how the plastic wrap usually covers up the naughty bits.  :capito:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 12:12:14 PM »
I hope that it helps gain recognition for the show. Kinda makes me wonder if they'll only be able to fill a 30-minute slot per episode though...slit necks, chopped up body parts, the shipping container. At least they had some forethought with how the plastic wrap usually covers up the naughty bits.  :capito:
:o

Too bad I can't get to start watching this before I go to Germany. It is now definitely bumped very up up on the unwatched pile! Sounds just like my kinds show :devil:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 11:39:22 PM »
This finished a couple of months back on $ky over here and is a fantastic show(Dexter's sister is brilliant  :hysterical:)

If you're not watching it or have watched, what the H - E - double hockey sticks you playing at?