Author Topic: Storage solutions  (Read 9418 times)

wjh2657

Re: Storage solutions
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »
I use bookshelves from Walmart in a  "Guest" room which is also my computer room and "office'" currently 704 DVDs on board with room for 225 more.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 08:03:38 PM »
Nice picture & welcome to the forum! :)

As it so happens, I've recently also made new pictures of my collection (I had to clean before my guests arrived ;);D).

And while I was at it, I made also pictures of my bedroom where my books and other stuff is stored:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 09:39:51 PM »
I have 3 different shelves..one in the hall, one in the family room and in my room.  The shelves are all basically full and I still have more DVDs piled around.  I need a new shelf..or 2 or 3  ;), but I have no clue where I could put them right now.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 04:54:54 PM »
Welcome to the forums!  :cheers:

ninehours

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 04:56:25 PM »
Could never seem to find anything so just made myself some

wasn't planned but stacking one on top of another fitted perfectly floor to ceiling

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 06:24:33 AM »
They look great!

Are you a professional carpenter or just hobbyist?

ninehours

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 07:04:49 PM »
They look great!

Are you a professional carpenter or just hobbyist?
Neither really, tho i am hoping to get a little workshop, but something like this is quite simple to do there is no joinery involved just screws and the backboard is simply glued and pinned anyone could do it

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 10:01:18 PM »
It looks really nice.

I would probably mess up the dimensions if I tried to make something like that.  I'd probably read the tape measure wrong.  lol
My step dad is good at building stuff.  He did build me a few shelves once that I used for a few different things...I think I had some VHS movies on them for a while..then books..then DVDs. 

ninehours

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »
I'd probably read the tape measure wrong.  lol  

There is a good saying "Measure Twice, Cut Once"   ;D

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 08:51:26 PM »
I was someone who knew nothing about construction. In my day it was unheard of for girls to take shop class. They stuck us in home economics  :yucky: which I hated. Who the hell wants to learn how to make a dress; I very seldom even them!

Around 20 years ago I bought an old house, circa 1832, that was in desperate need of fixing up. I quickly found that most of the work that would have to be done had to be custom made. Everything one could buy was the wrong size or it was unavailable. The cost to have someone else do the work would have ended up costing me more than I paid for the house! :o

I ended up doing the work myself. I learned the 'how to" by asking lots of questions, reading everything I could get my hands on and trial and error. I had several elderly patients who ended up being the best help of all. They couldn't do the physical labor but as a resource for materials, knowledge etc. they were invaluable.

20 years years later I now do everything myself except for electrical and extensive plumbing. And, I am teaching my 8 year old niece how much fun it is to do it yourself!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 02:32:58 AM »
I've helped my mom and step dad do a lot of remolding stuff.  My step dad does well with building things.  He built on a lot for the house..build decks that go basically all the way around the house.
My mom and step dad both have said that they would have been better off building a whole new house after all the work and money they put in.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 03:10:04 AM »
I think you can make the DVD cases then!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 06:32:24 AM »
There is a good saying "Measure Twice, Cut Once"   ;D
"I cut twice already and it's still too short."

:laugh:

movielovers0

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 07:17:16 AM »
i actually own 2 of the can-am storage sets..1 two drawer and 1 three. They stack nicely and I have them under a countertop i use in my concession/movie room across from my theater. They are quiet with smooth closing drawers and hold alot. I use them for my DVDs I am waiting to watch.My watched collection then goes out on display on the walls in shelves.As for these..yes i would highly recommend.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 04:40:08 AM »
I'm now officially out of shelf space. All my DVD movie titles are kept in my study on (The Great Wall) which I had custom built when I bought my own house. TV series, blu-ray titles etc are on two separate units in the lounge room.
I think I'll get another custom job built and have all everything in the study.