Author Topic: The Horror Mansion Survival Game (2008)  (Read 32256 times)

Touti

The Horror Mansion Survival Game (2008)
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:56:04 AM »
The Horror Mansion Survival Game (2008)
Revisited
The Year of the Great Darkness
Bouaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaha

Starts Soon.

The objective is for both members of a team to reach the Light House where they can end the Great Darkness and by signaling for help and save all souls trapped in the Mansion.  Team members will not be moving together, they must separately find their way to the Light House.  The game will end when both members of a team reach the LIght House and save everyone.

The Mansion contains 30 rooms and 3 stairs connected in a way only I will know at the start of the game. There is no logic in the way the rooms are layered so don't expect the Kitchen to be beside the Living Room.  It could very well be between the Garage and the Graveyard.

In the Year of the Great Darkness everything is.......................dark ( :slaphead:) .  There is no pictures of the inside of the rooms because I couldn't find a camera that takes pictures in total darkness.  You will need to move blindly using only your hands, imagination and intelligence to discover your surroundings. Keep reading for more information on how this is gonna work.

All the rooms are square, separated in four Quadrants containing five sections each, as shown in the picture. A player can only move between sections touching each other so a move from A1 to A4 would not be permitted.

Each room contains four doors, one per section except for section 5, two are real doors and two are trap doors. Each contains 20 items, one in each section, 5 of those 20 are Puzzles, 5 are Actions to be put in your bank.  Out of the remaining 300 items, 10 are "Trivia Trigerred Conduit Hubs", the other 290 items are totally useless and serve no purpose whatsoever. Keep reading for more on the Puzzles and the Conduits..

Real doors will take the player to another section in a different room.

Trap Doors are..........traps (:slaphead:). If you open a trap door (Bouaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaa) you will not be allowed to move until you free yourself. Move details about this below.

Definitions

RQS: Room Quadrant Section.  This is the smallest unit of a part of the Mansion.  Each RQS has a unique ID which will be used to keep track of where you are.  When you move from room to room I will tell you your new RQS position.

Action: Each player is allowed one action per day.  These actions can be "Open the door", "Check the Item", "Move to RQS X" or "Dispatch Deputy".

Banked Actions: In the course of the game you can find extra "Actions" that you can put in your bank and use at your discretion, they can also be used to buy yourself out of dangerous situation.

Soul Reset: When the forces that bind The Great Darkness hits you directly your soul is reinialised.  Unfortunately a side effect of this is that it also takes you back to the starting point (Bouaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhahaa)

Stairways: The stairways are the Mansions secret Space Time Continuum Gateways. If you are lucky enough to find a Stairway behind a door, you can jump directly to any RQS you wish without losing your action for that day.

Friendly Mummies: Out of the 300 items disseminated in the mansion, there will be 5 Friendly Mummies.  That is....friendly to you but may not so friendly to others.  If you uncover a Friendly Mummy, it will become your deputy for the remainder of the game and you will be allowed to use the "Dispatch Deputy action".

TTCH: Trivia Trigerred Conduits Hub.  This is your way to the light house.  There is 10 of those in the mansion, one by player.  Each of these contains the entrance to a Light conduit and a Darkness conduit.  When a player finds a Hub, he/she will be asked a movie trivia question.  A good answer will trigger the Light Conduit and the player will be taken to the light house.  A wrong answer will activate the Darkness conduit and the player will be taken to a random location.  Trivia Trigerred Conduits Hubs can be used more than once but after each activation they will mysteriously move to another location.

How the game plays.

1: At the start of the game everyone will start in the same room and location.

2: Once a day, a player MUST pm me to tell me his next action.  I will transmit that information to the hidden forces that bind The Great Darkness and will notify you of the result of your action.

3: Only one action a day is allowed per player.  The actions and possible results are as follows:

a) Move to RQS.  You will need to send me a PM telling me which RQS you want to move to.  I will reply to confirm that the move is valid or not.  If you make a mistake and try an illegal move you will not be penalised and you can try again. 

b) Open the door. As explained before, each section contains a door.  It can either be a real door leading to a section in another Room or a Trap door.  If you decide to open the door I will reply with the result of your move.  If you opened a regular door, I will give you your new RQS position.  If you are lucky and open a door leading to a Stairway I will tell you so and you'll have to tell me what RQS you wish to go to along with your next move.

c) Check the item.  As said before, out of the 20 items in a room, 5 are puzzles and 5 are Bank Actions.  If the item is a useless thing lying around, I will reply to tell you how sorry I feel (Not !) for you having lost a day.  If you have been lucky enough to find a Puzzle I will send it to you.  If you uncover a bank action I will add it to your account and notify you.

d) Dispatch Deputy: If you have uncovered a Friendly Mummy, it will turn into your deputy for the rest of the game.  The "Dispatch Deputy" action allows you to move any other player, including your teammate, to any RQS on the board. You can only own one friendly mummy, if you uncover a second one, the Force that Binds the Great Darkness will automatically switch it with an unopened item from another RQS.

4: Puzzles.  When you find a Puzzle, I will send it to you. You will not have to solve it to keep on moving and there will be no time limit to solve them. You can send me your answer whenever you're ready. Should you answer it wrong.......nothing will happen, you will only have lost a move by checking an item and getting nothing out of it, ]just as if you had found a useless item.  If you answer it right however you will be sent a 5 questions movie trivia.  You need to send me all 5 answers at the same time and answer all 5 questions
correctly.  If you are successful, you will earn a "Bank Action" which you can use at any time.

5: Trap doors. Once you get trapped, you will not be allowed any action until you free yourself which can be done in 3 ways.

a) You can buy your immediate freedom if you have enough actions in bank.  Immediate freedom will cost 2 actions.

b) You can decide to be challenged with a Movie Trivia question from another player of your choice (but not your teammate).  This player will have to send me his Trivia Question within a reasonable time so I suggest each player prepares at least 5 questions in advance and replenishes his/her list if it goes low.  If you don't answer the question correctly, you can still buy your way out but the cost will then be 3 actions (Yes it's totally unfair but there's a cost for lack of culture in this game Bouaaaaaaaahahahahaha).  You can also ask for a hint.  Should you give the correct answer after having received a hint you will be freed, should you fail again your only way out will be a either a rescue operation from your teammate or a "Soul Reset".

c) Rescue operations: Your teammate will have to find you, moving from one RQS to another using any permitted action in the game (daily action, Bank actions, Stairways if he encounters one).  Once he gets to your RQS you will be free.

6: All communications are allowed between team members.

To make the game interesting, easy to follow for all players and entertaining for the chickens who were afraid to join  :tease:, I will post a status every day.  This will include the current RQS of each player along with his status (Trapped or Free, waiting for a rescue, resetted soul etc.).

A very important point: "The Horror Mansion Survival Game (2008) - Revisited - Bouaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaa" exists in a different time plane and the time passes at half the speed.  Which means that one day in the Mansion is equivalent to 2 days in our time.  This will be a great advantage to us because we are most likely gonna have players from different time zones.  The status will therefore be posted once every 2 days (our time) after all players have completed their daily actions.

To keep the game moving at a regular paste, with every Status I will post a deadline for players to send me their next action.  If you don't do it before the deadline you will lose your action for that "Mansion Day"

Anyone up for it ?

The teams
The American ArseKickers - Rick and James.
The British Bulldogs  - Jon and Rich
The Pink Ladies - Kathy and Laura
The Quebecers - Sébastien and Jimmy
The International Trivia Busters - Achim and DVDsRGreat

We will be using this thread to play the game and the other one for the discussions about it.  I will unlock the topic when the game starts.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:50:52 PM by Eric »

Touti

Re: The Horror Mansion Survival Game (2008)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 01:19:11 AM »
Renovations are now complete.  The Great Darkness will soon return to the mansion and YOU will need to run for your lives.

Bouaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahahahahahha !!!!!!!!

Your Playboard.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:37:36 PM by Eric »

Touti

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »
The Teams.

Rossroy and Jimmy
Rich and Jon
Kathy and Laura
Rick and James
Shrek and Achim

Touti

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 07:02:57 PM »
The Great Darkness will wake up tonight and all souls in the Mansion will soon be lost forever.  Say goodbye to your beloved ones for tonight is the last time they will see you.

Bouaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahhahahaha !!!!!!!!

Touti

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 08:59:01 PM »
Private messages have been dispatched to the tenants of the Horror Mansion informing them that The Great Darkness has awakened and is hungry for their souls.  Each player will soon receive another PM informing the of their starting location in the Mansion.

The hunt will soon begin !

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:32:34 PM »
So what is this again? A game of some sorts? Might help if you post a few pointers, Eric.

:tease:

Touti

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »
I hate him !  :suicide:

Touti

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »
All tenants of the Horror Mansion have been PM'd their current location and available options.  You may consult the Gameboard where the other souls are located in the Mansion.

Please PM me what you want to do next within the next 24 hours.

Touti

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 10:33:38 PM »
Rich has just sent me an email to notify me that he's on a business trip until Friday and only has Blackberry.  Does anybody mind if we wait until his return to start playing ?

RossRoy

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 10:40:37 PM »
We've been teased about this game for a while already, what's a few more days?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 10:55:48 PM »
No problem for me

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 06:32:36 AM »
Thanks Rich! :thumbup: (for buying me time to read the instructions; maybe jon can tell me where they are... :devil:)

DVDsRGreat

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »
No problems here!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 04:15:53 PM »
I can wait a few more days before I lose my soul!

lyonsden5

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »
Works for me (especially since I haven't even been to this site for three days  :-[ )