Poll

What is your overall opinion camparing Kingdom of The Crystal Skull to any of the 3 original films?

It was exactly what I expected, I truly enjoyed it!
2 (50%)
It wasn't what I expected, but it was still good!
2 (50%)
It wasn't what I expected, I Hated It!!!
0 (0%)
I enjoyed it but have yet to see the original 3 films.
0 (0%)
I hated it and never intend on seeing the original 3 films!!!
0 (0%)
Indiana Who???
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: September 17, 2008, 10:58:53 PM

Author Topic: Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull  (Read 3407 times)

DVD4EveR

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
« on: September 10, 2008, 10:58:53 PM »
After you place your vote please explain the reason behind it.
Thanks!

RossRoy

Re: Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:18:46 PM »
Can't vote yet, since I haven't seen the new Indiana Jones, but I will say this: I loved the originals! So I guess I'm going to at least like it, maybe more ;)

I've also bought the Young Indiana Jones boxsets. I've seen bits and pieces on TV, and I liked what I saw.

So chances are, I'll like the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 11:28:30 PM »
I really enjoyed it, but I don't think it was as good as the others. Still one of the best films this year. I reviewed it in this site; if you want to read it, may I direct you to the top of the screen and click "I" on the Review List toolbar. There's lots to read there!

By the way, that list of links is maintained by the ever hardworking Jimmy. Feel free to post some reviews in the various forums (and don't worry about reviewing a title that's already there) and he'll link them in for you.

DVD4EveR

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 11:32:43 PM »
I found it really didn't fit in with the original 3 films. Im mean come on, you go from drinking from the cup of christ to @!#$%ing WAIT!....I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who has yet to see it...

Before I go on a tangent here lets just say I really questioned the film when I left the theaters! But because it is an Indaina Jones movie I will continue to say that I did still enjoy it.....until the end.

On a scale of 5 chipmunks, I give it:
3.25 chipmunks out of 5 chipmunks

Thus ofcourse 5 chipmunks being the highest score possible. Incase anyone don't follow.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 11:54:49 PM »
I never did get a chance to go and see it. :-[ I'm not too difficult to please though so I'm sure I'm going to like it. I plan on buying the DVD as soon as it comes out.

Touti

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 11:57:34 PM »
I never did get a chance to go and see it. :-[ I'm not too difficult to please though so I'm sure I'm going to like it. I plan on buying the DVD as soon as it comes out.

Same here.  Can't vote, haven't seen it yet.  My favorite was the 3rd one.  I think the way Connery played the father was just perfect.  Funny, hilarious but never a caricature.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 12:26:02 AM »
I can't vote too.

I've seen the 3 first, but I'm not a big fan of this serie. The first no problem I like it, but the second one countains two of the most annoying caracters I've ever heard in a movie and the third one didn't let me any memory (probably not good or bad, just not memorable). Didn't see the last one and not really interested since I already know that I will not like it even if Karen Allen is back.

lyonsden5

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 01:19:07 AM »
count me in with the not seen yet crowd. I see about one movie every year or two.  :laugh:

I will get this as soon as it is released (soon I believe). And am looking forward to it.  :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 01:24:24 AM »
I found it really didn't fit in with the original 3 films. Im mean come on, you go from drinking from the cup of christ to @!#$%ing WAIT!....I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who has yet to see it...

Before I go on a tangent here lets just say I really questioned the film when I left the theaters! But because it is an Indaina Jones movie I will continue to say that I did still enjoy it.....until the end.

On a scale of 5 chipmunks, I give it:
3.25 chipmunks out of 5 chipmunks

Thus ofcourse 5 chipmunks being the highest score possible. Incase anyone don't follow.

Here's a handy button!  :P

(click to show/hide)

If you would like to hide text as above, type it, highlight it and click the SP button.  :thumbup:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 03:29:45 AM »
count me in with the not seen yet crowd. I see about one movie every year or two.  :laugh:
Just hope that you are luckier than me when you go watch a movie at the theatre. Last time that I've been it was with a work colleague 3 years ago for watching this movie :

A good french canadian comedy

But because I'm unable to say no to a girl the movie that we've seen became this one  :

Certainly not a comedy

Obviously the rest of the night didn't turn as expected  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 06:31:55 AM »
I am on of those "It wasn't what I expected, but it was still good!" voters. I certainly didn't expect what came at the end (although I kind of did, as it was rumored on the intertnet beforehand...). Still, I thought it was a fun film for the most part. Some eye-rolling going on at some places, but hey, George Lucas was involved, so that was expected too.

I will not buy it on Blu-ray now, I'll wait until they bring us the entire Quadrilogy together in a Box.

Touti

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 01:32:26 PM »
I will not buy it on Blu-ray now, I'll wait until they bring us the entire Quadrilogy together in a Box.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.  I bought the Trilogy with the bonus disc because it was a complete set but now it's not anymore.

I think I'm gonna rent this one when it comes out and wait for the release of a new complete set to replace the one I own.

lyonsden5

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 02:26:59 PM »

:hmmmm: something to think about....

Any news of a Blu Box in the future?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 03:05:01 PM »
Never got to see this one... though I do look forward to it. I have enjoyed all the earlier ones. But it will probably be a while before I am able to get this one... I usually wait for movies to start selling cheap (approx. $10) before I buy them.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »
:hmmmm: something to think about....

Any news of a Blu Box in the future?
No, haven't heard of it in a while.

In the beginning rumor had it, that maybe we ghet the set in November or so. Then they announced the single disc, which basically meant the box is shelved, for now. Next year, if we're lucky.

I'd much rather see Jaws in blu! Unfortunately next year is only the 34th anniversary; although, didn't the other two releases on DVD always come the year before the actual birthday?