Author Topic: Horror Marathon is About a Week Away  (Read 1692 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Horror Marathon is About a Week Away
« on: September 23, 2011, 05:58:36 PM »
Well... only 8 days until the start of my Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon. As I stated before... I am just not as excited about it as I normally am... though I am trying to push myself to that point. I have added several movies to my collection for it over the past month or so. That plus I just don't think I will have as much time to put into it this year as I have in the past. Because of this I am not going into it expecting to break last years record breaking marathon...

2010 Marathon Results:
Movies: 103
TV Eps: 55
Other: 8

...I am not even 100% sure I will track how many I watch. Though I may.

Since I am not concerning myself with the totals this year... I am looking for another idea to keep things interesting. I just have no idea what.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

I am also trying to decide what I should watch first. As I said... I have bought several movies for the marathon over the last couple months. Here is the latest ones I have gotten...

I also have the following coming... either ordered or promised to me from a friend. Not 100% sure if they will get here in time though...

So what do you think... any of these pop out to you and you think I should watch it first?

I would like to watch Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant first... but don't believe it will get here in time to watch first.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Horror Marathon is About a Week Away
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:01:58 PM »
I have no idea how to keep it "special", when you are not counting, but I'll suggest to start with either Zombie Diaries or Survivl Of The Dead :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:22:33 PM »
I heard Survival of the Dead really sucked... but what can I say... I wanted to see it for myself.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:38:17 PM »
So you start your thread first this year :laugh:
Even if my banner is all done, I wasn't fast enough :whistle:

Just 103 last year... I tought it was a lot more  :shrug:
Of course it's hard to remember as you watch all kind of stuff...

I'll try to set mine somewhere next week...

BTW can recommand anything in this. I haven't seen most of them and the one I did seen (The Children of the Corn following the original, only 2 and 3) are quite awfull...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 06:40:58 PM »
Oh this isn't my marathon thread... this is no more then preparation. Trying to decide exactly how to do it. And try to get some suggestions. That is all.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 03:51:42 AM »
I heard Survival of the Dead really sucked... but what can I say... I wanted to see it for myself.
Well, it is clearly not on par with Romero's older films, but still a decent zombie flick.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 07:02:48 AM »
I liked Vampire's Assistant.  I haven't seen any of the others.

I haven't had as much time to watch movies or work on my reviews for the last month or so...having to take a class for work.  It will still be going on in October, but I'm already ahead...I'm going to try to get as much of the rest of the book for it read as I can by Monday..then I'll just have to review the stuff a bit before the classes.  And I'll have more time to watch stuff.  I hope.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 06:00:12 PM »
I found out that my friend sent me the package yesterday... so it looks like there is a good chance I will have those movies to start with as well. So I will most likely start with The Vampire's Assistant.

I am also thinking of still keeping track of... and attempting to beat last year's totals... but I know the likelihood of that actually happening this year is next to none.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »
I am also thinking of still keeping track of... and attempting to beat last year's totals... but I know the likelihood of that actually happening this year is next to none.
It would be possible if you would watch only movie. But I guess the TV stuff help you to change the pace to keep the interest... also one month without watching TV serie would sound weird for you.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 07:55:54 PM »
Oh yeah... no way I could forgo the TV Series. All that would do is make sure I fail as I would end up putting my marathon on hold for a bit every time I want to watch a TV Show. :P
Pete