Author Topic: Topic suggestions  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Topic suggestions
« on: July 17, 2007, 03:19:28 PM »
 A few topic suggestions:

•   Favorite Web sites
Several people have offered a few web site recommendations. I’d like to have one place to go to access that information. I think it might be interesting to see what sites are used, why, how often, etc.

•   Debate room: Politics, Religion, etc.
Politics and religion are sensitive subjects but after watching Contact and reading some of the commentary in the other thread, I would be interested in expanding on those thoughts. Politics, religion, sex, etc. are a part of society and impact the movies we see. I believe that we might be able to discuss these sensitive subjects in a thought provoking yet respectful way.

•   Forum Quotes
One of my favorite things to do is collect quotes/memorable lines. I have done so for years – yet another collection! Some make me laugh, others to think. For example:

Blah, blah, blah, blah…(8ballmax)

Expand your horizons, try to accept, acknowledge and admire that in this little planet, different religions, mindsets, ideas and languages DO exist.  Not everything has to comply with what you know. (SailorRipley)

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:46:01 PM by Kathy »

lyonsden5

Re: Topic suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 06:27:25 PM »
I would be very careful about a Politics and or Religion room, especially politics.

With this being a world wide forum the politics issue can get really heated.

I came close to losing a good friend last year over a political discussion. To me it's a little different discussing talking points with fellow countryman but when you start to see your whole country get attacked I know I for one will take a different view on the discussion.

If such a forum  were started I would stay out of it for those reasons. But feel free ....  :-X

Touti

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 06:39:08 PM »
I wanted to think about this before replying.

The subject of the forum is dvd collecting and I think the different sections should reflect that.  I don't want to open up sections for discussions that are not related to DVD's and movies because I don't want to attract people that have no interests in discussing DVD's and only care about debating.  I am of course not forbidding anyone to discuss any subject they like in the "General" section so Kathy, feel free to start any topic you want on any subject you'd like to discuss and see if others want to go there.

Favorites web sites.  Again I do not think it deserves a forum section of its own but I do agree that it deserves its own topic.

Forum Quotes: Same as above.

Bottom point is, anyone can start any topic they want and see if others join in ;)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 01:25:29 AM »
Okay.  :-X