Author Topic: "Read my mind movie game" - A Forum Admin's Remake  (Read 22999 times)

Touti

"Read my mind movie game" - A Forum Admin's Remake
« on: July 16, 2007, 06:53:46 PM »
Based on Sailorripley's game. But on a "one to one" basis.

:readthis:  ***THE INFAMOUS RULES*** :readthis:

1. The object of the game is for you to guess the film title.

2. In order to do that, each of you can ask 20 questions. The questions can be anything you can think of in order to guess the title. You can take a chance to guess the title at any time, but be aware that an incorrect guess will count as a question.

3. Once you've asked your 20 questions you will be required to make a guess.  If you have the correct title the game will end and you'll be starting the next round, if you fail you will be out of the game while other players continue.

4. The first person who comes up with the title will be awarded 10 points and gets to start the next round.

Free hint: The plot takes place in a neutral place.[/b]

SailorRipley

Re: "Read my mind movie game" - A Forum Admin's Remake
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 07:08:36 PM »
This is the reason why independents are dying, in front of the huge, multinational Canadian corporations, with millions of points to spare, and all the big-name stars attached to their projects, willing to crush us with their ongoing remakes. Do we even get a share of the profits?  :tease:

Question 1: Is it a Canadian film?

(Note: Is it 20 questions each of us or 20 questions total?)

Touti

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 07:22:11 PM »
It's 20 questions each.  When reading your rules that's what I thought it was at first, when I realized it was 20 questions for all of us I thought it could be fun to have a "one on one" version.

Nope, not a big canadian corporate movie with gazillions of points to spare  :tease:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 07:24:04 PM »
Based on Sailorripley's game. But on a "one to one" basis.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:24:39 PM by Kathy »

SailorRipley

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »
Question 2: Did it win any kind of Academy Award?

Touti

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 08:58:08 PM »
Yes.

:hmmmm: Am I supposed to list them ?  What would be the rules on that in the original game ?

SailorRipley

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 09:02:13 PM »
You're only supposed to list them if the poster asks which awards won. Since I was dumb and I didn't :slaphead:, your Yes answer is more than enough.

Question 3. Which awards won? :P

Touti

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 09:05:15 PM »
Question 1. Is it Canadian.
No

Question 2. Did it win any kind of Academy Award?
Yes

Question 3. Which awards won? :P
Best Effects, Sound Effects Editing

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 10:00:13 PM »
I just posted a question then realised the meaning of "one on one" so removed it ...  :slaphead:

SailorRipley

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 10:03:46 PM »
Wait... Does that mean others can't play until I've asked my 20 questions?  :shrug:

Najemikon

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 10:13:53 PM »
Wait... Does that mean others can't play until I've asked my 20 questions?  :shrug:

Yes, Touti wants you all to himself for some quality man-time for a private game. Get the answer before 20 questions are up or ... well ... his avatar on Invelos is a large bear. :devil: I'm saying nothing!  :-X

I am kidding of course! Just testing the limits of the old twisted humour ... :suicide:

Touti

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 10:21:51 PM »
Actually, the main reason I created this game after Sailorripleys's was exactly because I wanted everyone to be able to play without having to wait for others to ask questions.

The fun things is that you can all benefit from answers given to others.  Go ahead Jon, what was your 1st question ?

Edit:  I should have said individually instead of one on one.

SailorRipley

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 10:38:26 PM »
Yes, Touti wants you all to himself for some quality man-time for a private game. Get the answer before 20 questions are up or ... well ... his avatar on Invelos is a large bear. :devil: I'm saying nothing!  :-X

:o Mighty good heavens... I should have known there was a catch somewhere...

Initiating ninja retreat

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 10:40:46 PM »

I am kidding of course! Just testing the limits of the old twisted humour ... :suicide:

Please note the blank space (above) by my avatar - "old twisted humor" remark erased so as not to embarass the readers of this forum (I rated it 3  :devil: :devil: :devil:!) .

I was begining to think I was the only one with "juvenile" thoughts!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 10:44:45 PM by Kathy »

Najemikon

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 10:45:26 PM »
 :hysterical: NINJA SMILEY! Whatever next ...

Ok, my question was ... ahem ... what, is the title?

:wacko:

Seriously, in what sub-genre would you class this film? I say "sub" to avoid answers like "action" ...  8)