Author Topic: The Ultimate DVD Collectors Collection  (Read 3341 times)

SailorRipley

Re: The Ultimate DVD Collectors Collection
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 09:33:27 PM »
I don't know... It looks more to me like "The Ultimate Crime and Drugs DVD Collection" or "A Bad Boy's Wet Dream DVD Collection".

is this list made by someone we know? :headscratch:

Touti

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 09:41:24 PM »
is this list made by someone we know? :headscratch:

No it's not,  I was searching for stuff about collecting DVD's on google and ended up on that page.  I was curious to have other opinions.

SailorRipley

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 09:50:28 PM »
No it's not,  I was searching for stuff about collecting DVD's on google and ended up on that page.  I was curious to have other opinions.

Ah, I see. :D

Well, for something called Ultimate DVD Collectors Collection it seems pretty narrow-minded to me, but to each his own, I guess. Sometimes I try to google stuff about DVD collecting but I usually end up against a wall. Curiously, there's not a lot of good content about it; except for reviews or news sites, there seems to be a lack of personal opinions about collecting itself.

I rather have it all in one place, which is exactly why I think the home page here is awesome. It satisfies everything regarding new releases, news and reviews.

RossRoy

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 10:30:43 PM »
I don't know. There are some good movies in there, but it lacks variety, even for a 25 items only list.

As Sailor said "A Bad Boy's Wet Dream DVD Collection".

I have no doubt this is the ultimate collection for someone out there, but it certainly does not represent the ULTIMATE DVD collection

:2cents:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 02:12:10 AM »
Ultimate? Nope.

lyonsden5

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 02:35:39 PM »
Many of the movies listed are favorites of sports stars and rappers. Maybe more of a pop culture list. There is one missing that clearly should be on that list (based on all the others) and that is Scarface. Not sure how he missed that one.  :shrug:

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 03:57:44 PM »
Bless him. At least he kept his descriptions to himself. Click on some other collections on the right, the comments can be unintentionally hilarious! I particularly like the "25 Best Movies of All Time (in order)". There's nothing older than the 90s and some of what he included he say's he didn't want to ...    :hmmmm:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 06:01:10 PM »
While the list contains quite a few movies I like and several I own, I agree with those who said it's too narrow minded and "too new".

Mole

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 12:15:20 AM »
Very narrow focus...

I have none of them...OK, maybe that say's more about me