Author Topic: Charmed: Season 8 Finally Officially Announced!  (Read 4324 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Charmed: Season 8 Finally Officially Announced!
« on: May 29, 2007, 05:58:42 PM »
TVShowsonDVD.com has finally Officially Announced that the 8th (and final) Season is coming out on Sept. 11th! They also have the cover art (Looks Great!) and will finally have EXTRAS!!!

Pete

RossRoy

Re: Charmed: Season 8 Finally Officially Announced!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »
You said it!  ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:21:15 PM »
I can't wait to finally say that I have every single episode on DVD!

They didn't list all the extras... but I did read earlier they were trying to work it out so they could give us the Unaired Pilot (With Lori Rhomm - Sp?) as Phoebe. I hope they pulled it off! I think that would make an awesome extra for the final season set!
Pete

Edward Karlinski

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »
Well, I will be glad to close out another series.  It is always satisfying to complete another collection. Charmed is one series which I worried about as I was unsure that sales would permit series completion. I am glad that my worries were not borne out.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 09:22:02 AM »
Yeah... I love completing a series! hmmm.... which gives me another idea for a post.

You know... for some reason I was never too concerned about Charmed not getting completed. I mean I would have been very upset if it wasn't... but for some reason it never even crossed my mined. Charmed is one of my all time favorite shows (I just adore Holly Marie Combs) so for some strange reason I just knew from the start that I would eventually have every season on DVD.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 02:57:03 PM »
(I just adore Holly Marie Combs)

No you can't! You have no right! She's mine!!!  :P

I actually bought the first season entirely because of her after having seen only a few episodes on TV. And that was it. It sparked my interest and I bought it all (well, all 7 seasons available at this time).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 03:21:49 PM »
LOL... well we will just have to share her I guess! I know... you can have her when she is in Canada... and she can be mine when she is in the US! How's that?... sound fair?  ;D
Pete

Edward Karlinski

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 06:47:25 PM »
Yeah... I love completing a series! hmmm.... which gives me another idea for a post.

You know... for some reason I was never too concerned about Charmed not getting completed. I mean I would have been very upset if it wasn't... but for some reason it never even crossed my mined. Charmed is one of my all time favorite shows (I just adore Holly Marie Combs) so for some strange reason I just knew from the start that I would eventually have every season on DVD.

I was worried because of the bare bones nature of the season one set, which usually indicates a troubled release.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 08:34:18 PM »
yeah... but if I remember right... at the time Paramount was famous for bare bone releases. I could be wrong though.  :P
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 09:32:21 PM »
I don't mind barebones releases. I'm just happy to have the material. I usually don't watch the extras much, usually just those about special effects, but then these days, it's always "we rotoscoped this and that, painted in this and that, displaced this and that, extended the set here and there because we shot with half a set, bla bla bla, and the computer spewed out the final product". YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

I much prefer extras on older films, especially again the special effects part. How it was done back in the days, with miniatures, masks on camera, double exposures, etc etc etc. Much more interesting than what  it is today!

So basically, I rarely watch the extras. But, I like to buy the most tricked out versions.. go figure!  ::)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 12:29:36 PM »
Sounds about like me.... I love to have all the extras... but seldomly watch most of them!  :P I guess I just like to have them... knowing I can watch them if I want to!
Pete

Edward Karlinski

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 01:01:41 PM »
I also rarely watch extras, but I also always buy the most loaded editions.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 02:41:38 PM »
I pre-ordered this set a couple of days ago for $32.49 at amazon.com :)
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 01:48:30 AM »
Any word of a complete series box set coming out? (I don't have any on them  :-[ )

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 02:47:01 AM »
No word on one yet... but I wouldn't be surprised.
Pete