Author Topic: Suggestions/Requests  (Read 14421 times)

Touti

Re: Suggestions/Requests
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 02:54:38 AM »
I'm not trying to force this on anyone but just to clarify things......Thid mod is no different than all the "Share this" links for facebook, twitter, myspace and so on that you see now on news sites.  It doesn't copy the topics and/or posts on facebook, all it does is put a link back to the first post of the topic here along with the comment that the person enters.  I installed it and tried it on my forum.  This is all it did on my facebook page. 

Again, I'm not trying to push for this, I just want to make sure everyone understands what it does because I think it would help bring people to the site by attracting the facebook friends of those who share links on their page.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 02:57:30 AM by Eric »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 07:30:36 AM »
As of now I don't really have an opinion yet. Please continue sharing your opinion on that topic so that I can see what you're all thinking. :)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

lyonsden5

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 01:53:31 PM »
Is there any way of getting a few smiles added to the quick reply area? :shrug: Most of the time I use it to post my replies to something and then I had to either know the code (like : shrug : ) for the smiley or click over to the preview to add them.
[click]  ;D

Obviuosly there wouldn't be room for all of them but a few would be nice : thumbup :

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 02:36:16 PM »
I'm not sure I can inject code at that point. If there were already some default smileys but there aren't.

Just open a proper answer window  :P
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

lyonsden5

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 04:12:35 PM »
a thousandaire master programmer like you can't figure out but Mr. "didn't know I should restart my computer" can?  :tease:  :laugh:

(I have my own SMF forum)

It's a bit overwhelming as it gives a just about everything from the standard reply area. If you want to try it you can always remove it later. I used this mod. The 2.0 New.zip was the one that worked for me. I have v1.1.11 like this site

lyonsden5

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 07:50:21 PM »
 :thanks:
it's nice but it is a but large  :whistle:

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if everyone doesn't like it. If it came to a vote I would vote to keep it  :thumbup:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 08:06:13 PM »
I don't even have this feature enabled, I use the standard reply button...
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 11:59:07 PM »
I don't even have this feature enabled, I use the standard reply button...

Same here
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 12:08:25 AM »
I only enabled it yesterday! Like it, but was frustrated by lack of smileys. Today they appeared, so I thought my browser cache must have been screwed yesterday. Then I found this post! :slaphead: Way to go. :thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »
Quick reply is, well, quicker :thumbup:

lyonsden5

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 07:05:22 PM »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 08:45:35 PM »
I turned it on for a while today... but didn't care for it so turned it back off. But that is just me.  :P
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 08:17:01 PM »
By the way, I needed a certain smiley from Invelos and while I was at it, I stole another one.

This is out existing Thumb up!  :thumbup:

Now we have also Thumbs up!  :thumbsup:

But what I needed and  ??? couldn't really give me, was this expression:  :baffled:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:19:11 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

EdwinK

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »
Is it possible to install to this mod so that instead of our email addresses being shown visible it will open a form to fill in?  

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2010, 01:03:35 PM »
Is it possible to install to this mod so that instead of our email addresses being shown visible it will open a form to fill in?  

You're deleting your topics way to fast... I was just about to answer when it was gone again. ;)
Karsten