Author Topic: One Missed Call  (Read 2472 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
One Missed Call
« on: June 07, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »
MOVIE / DVD INFO:

Title: One Missed Call
Year: 2008    
Director: Eric Valette
Rating: PG-13   
Length: 87 Min.
Video:  Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1; Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:  English DD 5.1, Spanish DD 5.1 & French DD 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish & French

Stars:
Shannyn Sossamon as Beth Raymond
Edward Burns as Jack Andrews
Ana Claudia Talancon as Taylor Anthony
Ray Wise as Ted Summers
Azura Skye as Leann Cole

Plot:
It happens to one. Then another. And another. College students discover eerie voicemail messages on their cell phones. Each call comes from the near future. Each call has the chilling voice of the student during his or her last moments alive. 'And each call comes true'.

Terror is 'One Missed Call' away in this got-your-number shocker based on the hit Japanese thriller 'Chakushin ari'. Does the viral spree of calls have a single source? Is there something that links the victims? Psych student Beth Raymond (Shannyn Sossamon) and detective Jack Andrews (Ed Burns) scramble for answers. And they're working fast. Because Beth just discovered an ominous message.

Extras:
Promotional Trailers: "The Sick House," "Otis," "The Orphanage" & "Lost Boys: The Tribe"

My Thoughts:
I went into this one with low expectations. After all... all the reviews I have read has said this one pretty much sucks. Even though I had low expectations I remained hopeful as I do tend to be more forgiving then most people... especially on horror movies. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be this time. I would say it is an OK film.... but definitely should have been A LOT better. They really did seem to try hard. Even had a few fairly original ideas in there that I personally haven't seen a lot of in horror movies... but the stuff they tried just didn't work. Some of the effects were pretty cool... I will give it that much. It just wasn't enough to save the movie. I found myself loosing interest about half way through the movie. I mean come on... it is pretty bad when the most excitement I got from this disc was watching the trailer for "Lost Boys: The Tribe."  So... my recommendation? I wouldn't even go as far as recommending a rental. If you really want to see it... wait for it to show up on cable.
Pete