Author Topic: 4K Marathon  (Read 719 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
4K Marathon
« on: March 20, 2023, 04:22:30 PM »
From this point till the end of the month I will be watching some of my 4K Movie collection. At this point I have 277 purchases to choose from. This is counting a boxset as one. so many more films then that on 4K in my collection. Not sure how many I will get done by the end of the month, but it will be fun to find out.

If you would like to request any look at my list HERE

List of ones I would like to get to:
  • Color out of Space
  • Downsizing
  • Everything Everywhere All At Once
  • The Fast and the Furious (I really should start this franchise since I never seen it)
  • Parasite (though I am not good with subtitles)
  • River Runs Red
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home
  • Spies in Disguise
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 12:44:36 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: 4K Marathon
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 04:50:23 PM »
A lot of great movies to choose from :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 07:32:24 PM »
     Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021/United States)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Jon Watts
Writing:Chris McKenna (Writer), Erik Sommers (Writer), Stan Lee (1922) (Original Material By), Steve Ditko (Original Material By)
Length:148 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio:English: Dolby Atmos: 3D, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Other

Stars:
Tom Holland (1996) as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
Zendaya as MJ
Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange
Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan

Plot:
For the first time in the cinematic history of Spider-Man, our friendly neighborhood hero's identity is revealed, bringing his Super Hero responsibilities into conflict with his normal life and putting those he cares about most at risk. When he enlists Doctor Strange's help to restore his secret, the spell tears a hole in their world, releasing the most powerful villains who've ever fought a Spider-Man in any universe. Now, Peter will have to overcome his greatest challenge yet, which will not only forever alter his own future, but the future of the Multiverse.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

Besides my being a life-long Spider-Man fan... I absolutely loved this film.This is actually the second time watching the film. The first time I borrowed the Blu-Ray from the library. Now I recently bought it on 4k and just had to watch it again as I had to see how it looked in 4K! Which was great! As always with the MCU I was hooked from start to finish. Loved the returning characters... not to mention all the returning characters from the previous Spider-Man franchises! I couldn't recommend this higher. Just remember this is coming from a life long Spider-Man fan!

One Weekend I will have to watch all the Spider-Man films back to back!   :tv:

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 11:00:26 PM »
     John Wick (2014/United States)

Summit Entertainment (United States)
Director:Chad Stahelski
Writing:Derek Kolstad (Writer)
Length:101 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Atmos: 3D, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Keanu Reeves as John Wick
Michael Nyqvist as Viggo Tarasov
Alfie Allen as Iosef Tarasov
Willem Dafoe as Marcus
Dean Winters as Avi

Plot:
When sadistic young thugs senselessly attack John Wick — a brilliantly lethal ex-assassin — they have no idea that they've just awakened the boogeyman. With New York City as his bullet-riddled playground, Wick embarks on a merciless rampage, hunting down his adversaries with the skill and ruthlessness that made him an underworld legend.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

This is one film that does not not disappoint in the least. Keanu Reeves, who is kinda hit or miss for me, really impressed me in this one. Pure bad ass action film! Talk about starting something you can't finish... that is what you get when you start something with John Wick! With the recent passing of Lance Reddick (RIP) I felt I needed to pop this one in this evening. While his part was rather small comparatively, he did his usual great job. If by any chance you haven't seen this one I definitely recommend it!

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 09:52:34 PM »
     Downsizing (2017/United States)

Paramount (United States)
Director:Alexander Payne
Writing:Alexander Payne (Writer), Jim Taylor (1963) (Writer)
Length:135 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Czech: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Polish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Russian: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Arabic, Bahasa, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Other

Stars:
Matt Damon as Paul Safranek
Christoph Waltz as Dušan Mirkovic
Hong Chau as Ngoc Lan Tran
Kristen Wiig as Audrey Safranek
Rolf Lassgård as Dr. Jorgen Asbjørnsen

Plot:
From Academy Award winner® Alexander Payne* (The Descendants, Nebraska) comes the hilarious film that delivers big comedy...and small Matt Damon. When scientists find a way to shrink humans to five inches tall, Paul Safranek (Academy Award® winner Matt Damon**) and his wife Audrey (Kristen Wiig) decide to ditch their stressed out lives in order to get small and live large in a luxurious downsized community. Filled with life-changing adventures and endless possibilities, Leisureland offers more than riches, as Paul discovers a whole new world and realizes that we are meant for something bigger. Academy Award® winner Christoph Waltz*** (Djnago Unchained) also stars in the film hailed by critics as "tremendously entertaining"1 and "truly original."2

*Writing (Adapted Screenplay), The Descendants, 2011; Writing (Adapted Screenplay), Sideways, 2014. **Writing (Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen), Good Will Hunting, 1997. ***Actor in a Supporting Role, Django Unchained, 2012; Actor in a Supporting Role, Inglorious Basterds, 2009.

1MOVIEWEB, Julian Roman 2FLICK FILOSOPHER, MaryAnn Johnson

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I found this one to be no more then very average. All the best pasrts being shown in the trailer. No real laugh out loud moments. And a little on the long side for the story you get.Matt Damon was just fine in the lead.... not that it is saying much. Pretty much any actor would have been just as good in the role he was given. I actually feel asleep before it ended so had to turn it back on just to see how the film ended. Which was nothing that special and rather predictable.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 10:23:03 PM »
     Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022/)

Lionsgate (United States)
Director:Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert
Writing:Daniel Kwan (Writer), Daniel Scheinert (Writer)
Length:139 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Atmos: 3D, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, English, Spanish

Stars:
Michelle Yeoh as Evelyn Wang
Stephanie Hsu as Joy Wang / Jobu Tupaki
Ke Huy Quan as Waymond Wang
James Hong as Gong Gong
Jamie Lee Curtis (1958) as Deirdre Beaubeirdre

Plot:
Evelyn Wang (Michelle Yeoh), a flustered immigrant mother, is contacted from a parallel universe and told that only she can save the world. The unlikely hero must learn to channel her newfound powers and fight through the splintering timelines of the multiverse to save her home, her family, and herself in this big-hearted and irreverent adventure. With Stephanie Hsu, Ke Huy Quan, Jenny Slate, Harry Shum Jr., James Hong, and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy
  • Music Visual

My Thoughts:

OK... I kinda have mixed feelings here. On the one hand I enjoyed the styory they were telling here. On the other it did get ratherf weird in parts. And while I would say over all it was good, I am not sure it was best picture winner good. At least not in my opinion. Though I did like the cast... and do like that Jamie Lee Curtis got the win for best supporting actress from this film. I have always been a fan of hers. Over all I would say I liked it. Especially for the price I paid... $1.75 for the 4K release brand new at a pawn shop! I would recommend, with caution... as I said it does get weird in parts.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 12:39:04 AM »
     The Fast and the Furious (2001/United States, Germany)

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Rob Cohen
Writing:Gary Scott Thompson (Screenwriter), Erik Bergquist (Screenwriter), David Ayer (Screenwriter), Gary Scott Thompson (Story By), Ken Li (Original Material By)
Length:107 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, Japanese: DTS: 5.1, Portuguese: DTS: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Paul Walker (1973) as Brian O'Conner
Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto
Michelle Rodriguez as Letty
Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto
Rick Yune as Johnny Tran

Plot:
Los Angeles police officer Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) must decide where his loyalties really lie when he befriends Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and becomes enamored with the street racing world he has been sent undercover to destroy.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary

My Thoughts:

Why didn't I watch this one sooner. This film was a lot of fun. The entire cast did a great job. A lot of cool action with lots of cool cars driving fast. What more cold a guy ask for? What else can I say... this film is just a fun way to waste a couple hours. Recommended.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2023, 10:10:10 PM »
     1917 (2019/United States)

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Sam Mendes
Writing:Sam Mendes (Writer), Krysty Wilson-Cairns (Writer)
Length:119 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Atmos: 3D, French: Dolby Digital Plus: 7.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital Plus: 7.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Dean-Charles Chapman as Lance Corporal Blake
George MacKay as Lance Corporal Schofield
Daniel Mays as Sergeant Sanders
Colin Firth as General Erinmore
Pip Carter as Lieutenant Gordon

Plot:
Sam Mendes, the Oscar®-winning** director of Skyfall, Spectre and American Beauty, brings his singular vision to this World War I epic.

At the height of the First World, two young British soldiers, Schofield (Captain Fantastic's George MacKay) and Blake (Game of Thrones' Dean-Charles Chapman), are given a seemingly impossible mission. In a race against time, they must cross enemy territory and deliver a message that will stop a deadly attack on hundreds of soldiers—Blake's own brother among them.

**1999, Best Director, American Beauty

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

What an amazing film! I can't believe that was 2 hours long it went by so quickly. It was so well shot, so wonderfully told, and the pacing of the film was just perfect. And the film looked and sounded so great on 4k UHD! What an experience! This is such a must see film... even if you don't normally like war films... do yourself a favor and see this one.

Rating:
Pete