Author Topic: Easter Weekend 2019  (Read 4516 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Easter Weekend 2019
« on: April 20, 2019, 01:34:25 AM »

This weekend I plan to watch some Easter films... both religious and non-religious. I have to work the weekend but will get as many watched as I can.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Easter Weekend 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 01:41:09 AM »
     The Ten Commandments (1956/United States)
Trailer |Wikipedia |
Paramount Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Cecil B. DeMille
Writing:Dorothy Clarke Wilson (Original Material By), J. H. Ingraham [Rev. J. H. Ingraham] (Original Material By), A. E. Southon [Rev. A. E. Southon] (Original Material By), Æneas MacKenzie (Screenwriter), Jesse L. Lasky, Jr. (Screenwriter), Jack Gariss (Screenwriter), Fredric M. Frank (Screenwriter)
Length:231 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Charlton Heston as Moses
Yul Brynner as Rameses
Anne Baxter as Nefretiri
Edward G. Robinson [Edward G Robinson] as Dathan
Yvonne De Carlo as Sephora

Plot:
Throughout film history, Hollywood has produced a number of sweeping epics and generation-defining movies. However, one film - Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments - has stood the test of time. Universally recognized among critics as a cinematic masterpiece, this unforgettable motion picture has also been recognized by The American Film Institute as one of the "Top Ten" epics of all time. From its Academy Award®-winning director* and revolutionary Oscar®-winning special effects** to its memorable music score and all-star cast, The Ten Commandments presents the story of Moses in all its stunning glory. Starring Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, Anne Baxter and a "who's who" of legendary screen talent, the film was nominated for seven Academy Awards®, including Best Picture of 1956***.

Now available for the first time ever on Blu-ray and restored to a stunning new visual experience, The Ten Commandments can be relived in the best picture and sound possible.

*Winner: Best Director (Cecil B. DeMille), The Greatest Show On Earth, 1952. **Winner: Best Special Effects (John Fulton), 1956. ***Additional Oscar® nominations (1956): Picture; Cinematography - Color; Art Direction/Set Decoration; Costume Design - Color; Film Editing; and Sound Recording.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

This is a film I haven't seen since I was a kid. When they used to show it on TV every year on Easter weekend. While the story is a great one... I found that the special effects hasn't hold up well. Except for the parting of the sea. That still looked good. I did however forget how long this one is...almost 4 hours lontg. I hope to start to watch this every Easter Weekend... though the length may make that difficult.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 03:45:45 AM »
     Hop (2011/United States)

Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Tim Hill
Writing:Cinco Paul (Story By), Ken Daurio (Story By), Cinco Paul (Screenwriter), Ken Daurio (Screenwriter), Brian Lynch (Screenwriter)
Length:95 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
James Marsden as Fred O'Hare
Russell Brand as E.B. (voice)
Kaley Cuoco as Sam O'Hare
Hank Azaria as Carlos / Phil (voice)
Gary Cole (1956) as Henry O'Hare

Plot:
He was destined to be the Easter Bunny, but all he wanted to do was rock! When teenage E.B. (voiced by Russell Brand) leaves for Hollywood in pursuit of his dream to become a rock star drummer, he meets Fred (James Marsden), an out-of-work slacker with his own lofty goals. Together the two encounter a series of hilarious mishaps and misadventures and in the end help each other recognize the importance of family. "The laughs don't stop in this movie treat for all ages!" Peter Hammond, BOXOFFICE

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes
  • Interactive Games
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy
  • D-BOX
  • U-Control, Mini Movie

My Thoughts:

This one was better then I was expecting... but you can tell it is geared to a much younger crowd. Silly at times... funny at times... a fair movie but I definitely seen better. Not sorry it is in my collection... though not sure I will watch it every year.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 07:53:00 PM »
     The Easter Bunny Is Comin' to Town: Deluxe Edition (1977/United States)

Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Arthur Rankin, Jr., Jules Bass
Writing:Romeo Muller (Writer)
Length:50 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Fred Astaire as Narrator (voice)
Skip Hinnant as Sunny the Bunny (voice)
Robert McFadden as Chugs (voice)
Allen Swift (voice)
Ron Marshall as Hallelujah Jones (voice)

Plot:
You can only find kids in kidsville. They make their own rules and run their own town. Every spring, all the kids – including Sunny the Bunny – come together to make Easter goodies. Now its Sunny's job to take all the yummy jellybeans and painted eggs to town, a dreary old village where no kids are allowed!

The Easter Bunny Is Comin' to Town is a cheery, tuneful production combining stop motion magic and the vocal talents of another magical treasure, Fred Astaire. Watch Sunny and friends win over Town's meanies by teaching them fun Easter traditions. Share this Digitally Remastered Edition – with all new Bonus Features – as part of your family's Easter tradition.

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned
  • 3 Shorts

My Thoughts:

This is a real blast from the past. I haven't watched this one since I was a kid. Lots of nostalgia here. Rankin Bass was definitely the best of their time. Now that I have this in my collection I will have to be sure to watch it every year.

Rating:
Pete