Author Topic: What are the Original Titles of the Mission Impossible movies?  (Read 1761 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Unfortunately I don't seem to get an answer on the Invelos forums for this, so let me try here:

Since I only have the German Blu-rays, I'm not 100% sure I can rely on the on-screen opening title, so I'd like to know what are the original titles for all existing M:I movies?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What are the Original Titles of the Mission Impossible movies?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:33:30 PM »
It's kinda late, but I dug out the first one, and the onscreen title is "Mission Impossible". No colon.
I can check out the rest for you tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:46:41 PM by GSyren »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 03:14:50 AM »
I'd say it's this:

Mission: Impossible
Mission: Impossible II
Mission: Impossible III
Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation

Technically the first film has indeed no colon shown on screen, that colon is present on front cover and credit blurb on back cover though.  For 4 and 5 the colon after Impossible is not on screen, but added through title convention; the sub-tittle is on a separate line.

I recently started adding screenshots of the title screen to as many profiles as possible. Many can be found by just googling for the title and the words "title screen"...

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 05:51:16 AM »
I agree on the four sequels, but as the question was specifically what the onscreen titles are, I see no "technically" about the first. There is no colon, period. (No pun intended)