Author Topic: July Movie Marathon: Based on a True Story  (Read 14466 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
July Movie Marathon: Based on a True Story
« on: July 02, 2017, 03:46:20 AM »
July Movie Marathon:
Based on a True Story
I decided to do a month long marathon this month. The way I decided to do this one is if it just claims to be based on a true story I will allow it... whether I believe the claim or not... or how much of the claim I believe. They claim it... it is allowed in this marathon.

My True Story Collection:
Titles in bold are films I never seen.
Titles in italic are films I have seen but been many years.

The 33

42: The Jackie Robinson Story
50/50
127 Hours
Alexander
Ali
Amelia
American Gangster

An American Haunting
Antwone Fisher
Apollo 13
Argo
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Auto Focus
The Aviator
Awakenings
Baby Blues
Battleship Potemkin
A Beautiful Mind
Becket

Big Miracle
Black Hawk Down
The Blind Side
Boys Don't Cry
Braveheart
Bugsy
Bully

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Capote
Captain Phillips

Catch Me If You Can
Chaplin
Cinderella Man
Coach Carter

Coal Miner's Daughter
The Conjuring
Conviction
DC 9/11: Time of Crisis

Dolphin Tale
Dolphin Tale 2

Ed Wood
Eight Below
The Entity
Erin Brockovich
Everest
The Evil One
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
The Finest Hours
Flags of Our Fathers
Fly Away Home
Freedom Writers
From Hell
Frost Nixon
The General
Gettysburg
Girl, Interrupted
Glory
Good Morning Vietnam
The Great Escape
Hachi: A Dog's Tale
Hamburger Hill

The Haunting in Connecticut
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Hidden Figures
Hitchcock
Houdini
The Hurricane

Into the Wild
Invincible
It Could Happen to You
Jack the Ripper
Jarhead

Julie & Julia
K-19: The Widowmaker
Lawrence of Arabia
A League of Their Own
Lincoln
The Long Riders
Man on the Moon
Marie Antoinette
McFarland USA
Men of Honor
Milk
Miracle

Moment of Truth: Stand Against Fear
Moneyball
Munich: Widescreen
Music of the Heart

Mutiny on the Bounty
My Left Foot
The Natural
Norma Rae
Open Water
Patch Adams
Pearl Harbor
The Perfect Storm
The Pursuit of Happyness
Radio
Raging Bull
Ray
Remember the Titans
The Rookie
Rudy

Saving Private Ryan
Schindler's List
Seabiscuit

Secretariat
The Sessions
Slaughter
The Social Network

Soul Surfer
The Squid and the Whale
The Strangers
Sully
Swearing Allegiance
Syriana
Ted Bundy

Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage
Titanic
Tombstone

Unbroken
United 93
Unstoppable
Valkyrie
The Virgin of Juarez
The Vow
Walk the Line

We Bought a Zoo
We Were Soldiers
Won't Back Down
World Trade Center
Wyatt Earp

Zodiac

There is several here I am looking forward to seeing... some for the very first time. But I would also like some opinions on ones that are must see films.

*Updated List... added a few I missed and a couple new ones.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 07:04:40 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: July Movie Marathon: Based on a True Story
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 06:57:16 AM »
     Soul Surfer (2011/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Sean McNamara
Writing:Bethany Hamilton (Original Material By), Sheryl Berk (Original Material By), Rick Bundschuh (Original Material By), Sean McNamara (Story By), Deborah Schwartz (Story By), Michael Berk (Story By), Matt R. Allen (Story By), Caleb Wilson (Story By), Brad Gann (Story By), Sean McNamara (Screenwriter), Deborah Schwartz (Screenwriter), Douglas Schwartz (Screenwriter), Michael Berk (Screenwriter)
Length:106 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Portuguese: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
AnnaSophia Robb as Bethany Hamilton
Helen Hunt (1963) as Cheri Hamilton
Dennis Quaid as Tom Hamilton
Carrie Underwood as Sarah Hill
Kevin Sorbo as Holt Blanchard

Plot:
Soul Surfer is the incredible true story of teen surfer Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm in a shark attack and courageously overcame all odds to become a champion again through her sheer determination and unwavering faith. The film features an all-star cast, including AnnSophia Robb and Helen Hunt, with Carrie Underwood in her film debut, and Dennis Quaid. In the wake of this life-changing event that took her arm and nearly her life, Bethany's feisty determination and steadfast beliefs spur her toward an adventurous comeback that gives her the grit to turn her loss into a gift for others.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

I find this to be an amazing true story. The setting is gorgeous and the characters are great. While this is a faith film... I do not think it is one that is too preachy. She uses her faith to help her get through this terrible ordeal... but it didn't make me feel like it was being shoved down my throat. If you never seen this film I highly recommend it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 05:26:56 PM »
     Dolphin Tale (2011/United States)
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Charles Martin Smith
Writing:Karen Janszen (Writer), Noam Dromi (Writer)
Length:113 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Harry Connick, Jr. as Dr. Clay Haskett
Ashley Judd as Lorraine Nelson
Nathan Gamble as Sawyer Nelson
Kris Kristofferson as Reed Haskett
Cozi Zuehlsdorff as Hazel Haskett

Plot:
In an inspiring story of the bond between animals and humans, a boy named Sawyer discovers an injured dolphin, who is brought to a marine hospital and named Winter. Unfortunately, her injuries cost Winter her tail, without which she may not survive. But with Sawyer's devotion, a marine biologist's (Harry Connick Jr.) and the brilliance of a prosthetist (Morgan Freeman) charged with creating a new tail, Winter may receive a second chance at life.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy
  • 2 animated shorts

My Thoughts:

I found this movie to be simply amazing. Even more so considering it is based on a true story. I was drawn in from the very beginning... and it kept my complete attention till the very end. A real feel good movie. One I couldn't recommend high enough. An excellent story that is wonderfully done. After finishing this film... I immediately felt like I could watch it again. If that isn't a sign of an excellent film... I don't know what is.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 05:27:34 PM »
     Dolphin Tale 2 (2014/United States)

Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Charles Martin Smith
Writing:Karen Janszen (Original Characters By), Noam Dromi (Original Characters By)
Length:107 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, Finnish, Spanish

Stars:
Harry Connick, Jr. as Dr. Clay Haskett
Ashley Judd as Lorraine Nelson
Nathan Gamble as Sawyer Nelson
Kris Kristofferson as Reed Haskett
Cozi Zuehlsdorff as Hazel Haskett

Plot:
The inspiring true story of Winter isn't over. Several years after receiving a prosthetic tail, Winter loses her surrogate mother, leaving her alone, grieving and unwilling to engage with anyone, even her best human friend, Sawyer. Worse, she may have to be moved from her home at the aquarium due to regulations requiring dolphins to be paired. When Dr. Clay Haskett and his dedicated team can't find her a companion, it looks like they may lose their beloved Winter...until an unexpected turn of events brings them Hope.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:

While I would say I liked the first one a little more. This film is a wonderful addition to the franchise. If you liked the first one... then this one must been seen as well.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 05:29:30 PM »
I just got a couple more true stories added to my collection!...

The Perfect Storm

50/50

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 09:14:28 PM »
     The Vow (2012/United States)

Director:Michael Sucsy
Writing:Stuart Sender (Story By), Abby Kohn (Screenwriter), Marc Silverstein (Screenwriter), Jason Katims (Screenwriter)
Length:104 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Spanish

Stars:
Rachel McAdams as Paige
Channing Tatum as Leo
Jessica Lange as Rita Thornton
Sam Neill as Bill Thornton
Jessica McNamee as Gwen

Plot:
Inspired by a true story, The Vow is the tale of a love that refuses to be forgotten. Leo (Channing Tatum, Dear John) is devastated when a car accident plunges his wife Paige (Rachel McAdams, The Notebook) into a deep coma. She miraculously recovers – but the last five years of her memories have vanished. Suddenly, Leo finds himself married to a stranger who can't remember anything about him. Naively, Paige falls back under the influence of her controlling parents (Sam Neill and Jessica Lange) and reconnects with her ex-fiancé (Scott Speedman). Desperately, Leo tries to recreate the moments that shaped their romance. Can he rekindle the passion before he loses Paige forever?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I actually enjoyed this one more then I expected to. A true love story that will put you through some emotions. Without going into detail about it.... I both liked and disliked how this story ended. But that is one thing I like about true stories... a happy ending is not guaranteed. Not that this is an unhappy ending... it just could have been happier. This one is definitely worth the time put in to watch it. Recommended.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 02:10:24 AM »
     Lincoln (2012/United States)

Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Steven Spielberg
Writing:Tony Kushner (Screenwriter), Doris Kearns Goodwin (Original Material By)
Length:150 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln
Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln
David Strathairn as William Seward
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Robert Lincoln
James Spader as W.N. Bilbo

Plot:
From DreaWorks, Steven Speilberg directs two-time-Academy Award® winner Daniel Day-Lewis (Best Actor, There Will Be Blood, 2007 and My Left Foot, 1989) in Lincoln - with an all-star ensemble cast including Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. This inspiring and revealing drama focuses on the 16th President's tumultuous final four months in office as this visionary leader pursues a course of action to end the Civil War, unite the country and abolish slavery. Complete with never-before-seen footage featuring Steven Spielberg abd the cast, who take you deep inside the making of the movie, Lincoln sheds light on a man of moral courage and fierce determination.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

I found this film interesting and it has a good cast. It is definitely worth the time put in to watch it. Though I will say it is a long (2 and a half hours) and slow story. Not really a bad thing... but I did find my interest straying away from the film a bit here and there.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 06:32:25 PM »
     50/50 (2011/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Summit Entertainment (United States)
Director:Jonathan Levine
Writing:Will Reiser (Writer)
Length:100 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Adam
Seth Rogen as Kyle
Anna Kendrick as Katherine
Bryce Dallas Howard as Rachael
Anjelica Huston as Diane

Plot:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen team up to beat the odds in a film that Peter Travers of Rolling Stone calls "achingly hilarious and heartfelt." Diagnosed with spinal cancer, 27-year-old Adam (Gordon-Levitt) navigates the road to recovery with the sometimes overbearing support of his crude best friend (Rogen), his smothering mother (Angelica Huston) and an inexperienced therapist (Anna Kendrick). Inspired by a true story, 50/50 is an honest yet hysterically funny account of a young man's journey toward healing.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

Good film... well worth the time put in to watch it. It has an interesting story and I liked all the characters. I even enjoyed Seth Rogan in this on... who is normally someone I find very hit or miss.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 01:40:00 AM »
     Good Morning Vietnam: 25th Anniversary Edition (1988/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Touchstone Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Barry Levinson
Writing:Mitch Markowitz (Writer)
Length:121 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Robin Williams (1951) as Adrian Cronauer
Forest Whitaker as Edward Garlick
Tung Thanh Tran as Tuan
Chintara Sukapatana as Trinh
Bruno Kirby as Lt. Steven Hauk

Plot:
For the first time in stunning Blu-ray High Definition, Academy Award® winner Robin Williams (Best Supporting Actor, Good Will Hunting, 1997) delivers a tour-de-force performance in the 25th Anniversary Edition of the hit comedy Good Morning, Vietnam!

Enjoy the unsurpassed digital sound quality of Blu-ray Hi-Def as military deejay Adrian Cronauer (Williams) spins a red-hot soundtrack of '60s hits. His sidesplitting comedy and rapid-fire wit make him a hero to the troops, but quickly get him in hot water with his by-the-book superiors. Featuring a behind-the-scenes look at Williams' hilarious radio monologues, Good Morning, Vietnam remains the quintessential Robin Williams comedy.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This one I enjoyed quite a bit. A fun film with a great comedian. One I haven't seen in quite a while. I love the fast talking comedy Robin Williams does here. Highly recommended.

Rating:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:20:08 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 05:18:56 PM »
     Fly Away Home (1996/United States)

Director:Carroll Ballard
Writing:Bill Lishman (Original Material By), Robert Rodat (Screenwriter), Vince McKewin (Screenwriter)
Length:107 min.
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
Jeff Daniels (1955) as Thomas Alden
Anna Paquin as Amy Alden
Dana Delany as Susan Barnes
Terry Kinney as David Alden
Holter Graham as Barry Strickland

Plot:
The soaring adventure of a 13-year-old girl and her estranged father, who learn what family is all about when they adopt an orphaned flock of geese and teach them to fly!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

Great film... if you never seen it I highly recommend it. A real feel good movie with likable characters. I was a little surprised to see this one is based on a true story.... as a father I would have had a hard time letting my teen daughter do such a thing.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 07:24:53 PM »
     Miracle (2004/United States)

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Gavin O'Connor
Writing:Eric Guggenheim (Writer)
Length:136 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:Bahasa, Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Other

Stars:
Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks
Patricia Clarkson as Patti Brooks
Noah Emmerich as Craig Patrick
Sean McCann as Walter Bush
Kenneth Welsh as Doc Nagobads

Plot:
The studio that brought you The Rookie and Remember The Titans presents a new reason to stand up and cheer: Miracle is here on Disney Blu-ray! Now the action-packed true story that united a nation is more exhilarating and suspenseful than ever in heart-racing high definition!

Kurt Russell stars as Herb Brooks, the dynamic and determined coach of the 1980 United States Olympic ice hockey team. Brooks had an impossible dream: to defeat the seemingly unbeatable Soviets at their own game. Starting with a handpicked group of undisciplined kids, Brooks inspired them to play like they'd never played before, and transformed them into a team that believed they could achieve the unachievable. Feel the burn as you rocket across the ice accompanied by the thunderous roar of the crowd. Live the dream as you experience one of the greatest triumphs in sports history in the razor-sharp clarity and crystal-clear sound of Blu-ray™ High Definition.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • D-BOX

My Thoughts:

This one is well worth the time put in to watch it. It is a good and inspirational film. A true underdog story.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 11:47:41 PM »
     We Bought a Zoo (2011/United States)
Trailer |Wikipedia |IMDb |
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Cameron Crowe
Writing:Benjamin Mee (Original Material By), Aline Brosh McKenna (Screenwriter), Cameron Crowe (Screenwriter)
Length:124 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Matt Damon as Benjamin Mee
Scarlett Johansson as Kelly Foster
Thomas Haden Church as Duncan Mee
Colin Ford as Dylan Mee
Maggie Elizabeth Jones as Rosie Mee

Plot:
OSCAR® Winner Matt Damon* gives a heartfelt performance in this film which is based on a true story. When his teenage son gets into trouble, Benjamin Mee (Damon) gives up a lucrative newspaper job to move his family to the most unlikely of places: a zoo! With help from an eclectic staff, and with many misadventures along the way, Benjamin embarks on a fresh beginning to restore the dilapidated zoo to its former glory, while uniting his family. From the director of Jerry Maguire, We Bought A Zoo is a "wonderful, warm and witty" (Bill Bregoli, CBS Radio News) celebration of the human spirit.

*1997. Original Screenplay (with Ben Affleck), Good Will Hunting.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy
  • Short: Scrat's Continental Crack-Up: Part 2

My Thoughts:

This is one I have watched a few times before... And it remains as good as the first time I watched it. It is one of my favorites. It is a must see if you haven't seen it yet. Highly recommended.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 11:49:02 PM »
     Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2008/United States, United Kingdom)

Director:Lasse Hallström
Writing:Stephen P. Lindsey (Screenwriter), Kaneto Shindo (Original Material By)
Length:93 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Richard Gere as Parker Wilson
Joan Allen as Cate Wilson
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Ken
Sarah Roemer as Andy
Jason Alexander as Carl

Plot:
From Academy Award®-nominated director Lasse Hailström (1999, The Cider House Rules) comes HACHI: A DOG'S TALE, a film based on one of the most treasured and heartwarming true stories ever told. Golden Globe® winner Richard Gere (2002, Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy, Chicago) stars as Professor Parker Wilson, a distinguished scholar who discovers a lost Akita puppy on his way home from work. Despite initial objections from Wilson's wife, Cate (Academy Award® nominee Joan Allen - 2000, Best Actress, The Contender), Hachi endears himself into the Wilson family and grows to be Parker's loyal companion. As their bond grows deeper, a beautiful friendship unfolds embodying the true spirit of family and loyalty, while inspiring the hearts of an entire town.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live
  • MovieIQ

My Thoughts:

This one I enjoyed quite a bit. The story of loyalty that knows no bounds. An adorable dog's tale that must be seen.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 04:02:21 PM »
     Coal Miner's Daughter (1980/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Michael Apted
Writing:Loretta Lynn (Original Material By), George Vecsey (Original Material By), Thomas Rickman [Tom Rickman] (Screenwriter)
Length:125 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Sissy Spacek as Loretta Lynn
Tommy Lee Jones as Doolittle Lynn
Levon Helm as Ted Webb
Phyllis Boyens as Clara Webb
Webb children

Plot:
Nominated** for seven Academy Awards® including Best Picture and based on the best-selling autobiography, Coal Miner's Daughter is the amazing true story of the legendary country star, Loretta Lynn. In the acclaimed performance that earned her the Academy Award® for Best Actresss, Sissy Spacek stars as the poor Appalachian Mountains mother who rose from humble beginnings to become the "Queen of Country Music." Co-starring Tommy Lee Jones as her ambitious husband who recognizes her talent and prods her into making a record, Coal Miner's Daughter is a remarkable tale of a woman's triumph in making her name in the world.

**1980 Actress In a Leading Role, Best Picture, Writing (Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium), Cinematography, Art Direction-Set Direction, Sound, Film Editing.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I haven't seen this one in many years. While I remembered enjoying it... I forgot how good this one is. Sissy Spacek did a wonderful job as Loretta Lynn. The first time I saw this I didn't even know who Tommy Lee Jones was... so it was a little weird seeing him so young here now. He played Loretta Lynn's husband who lets say was not very likable. Highly recommended.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 04:06:33 PM »
     127 Hours (2010/United States, United Kingdom)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Danny Boyle
Writing:Aron Ralston (Original Material By), Danny Boyle (Screenwriter), Simon Beaufoy (Screenwriter)
Length:94 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
James Franco as Aron Ralston
Kate Mara as Kristi
Amber Tamblyn as Megan
Sean A. Bott as Aron's Friend
Koleman Stinger as Aron Age 5

Plot:
FROM ACADEMY AWARD®-WINNING DIRECTOR DANNY BOYLE* (Slumdog Millionaire) comes the powerfully uplifting true story of one man's struggle to survive against mountainous odds.

Aron Ralston (James Franco) has a passion for all things outdoors. But when a falling boulder traps him in a remote Utah canyon, a thrill-seeker's adventure becomes the challenge of a lifetime. Over the next five days, Ralston embarks on a remarkable personal journey in which he relies on the memories of family and friends — as well as his own courage and ingenuity — to turn adversity into triumph!

*Directing, Slumdog Millionaire, 2008

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

James Franco was simply amazing! The story draws you in and keeps your attention through-out the film with ease. And the fact that it is a true story only adds to it. A very powerful story to say the least. If you haven't seen this film yet... I can't recommend it high enough. It really is a must see film.

Rating:
Pete