Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Hi Everyone
« on: December 12, 2015, 07:38:31 PM »
Hi everyone..I'm back. :) 

I really didn't mean to be away this long.  Work got a bit crazier last tax season - only had a handful of days off over the entire tax season.  By a month later, I was having to go in to another office 2 days a week to help with bookkeeping stuff there because the one woman up and decided to quit.  I have also taken even more classes than I have before in the off season.  I'm up to like..hmmm...191 hours of tax classes this year - and I still have a few more I want to finish up.  I have also sort of started to study to try to pass the tests to be an enrolled agent.  So lots of classes and studying has been going on.  I kept meaning to stop here to post some, and stuff kept coming up.  I've been doing more to help my mom..this has been kind of a bad year for her.  back in January she ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and horrible ear infection.  Over the summer, she fell off a step stool and broke her tail bone.  She was finally starting to feel better after that and she got pneumonia again- she is very prone to getting that.  It didn't get as bad that time at least.  She got over that, and then 5 weeks ago she stepped in a hole in a parking lot that threw her balance off and twisted her foot, and she broke a bone in her foot.  She has to wear this big boot thing on the foot that she hates - it is heavy and since it is higher than any shoe she wears on her good foot, it has her off balance, which makes her back and hip hurt worse.  But it is getting a little better.  Last doc visit she was told she can start putting more weight on it as she can stand it and even try to walk without the boot.  She just started to do that a little bit.  She doesn't want to over do it.  She goes to the doctor again on Friday.

I have managed to go see some movies this year, though there have been some I didn't make it too.  I haven't gotten as many new movies this year, and I haven't watched as many this year - my DVR is full of stuff too.  I even got behind on Doctor Who.   :bag:  But I'm working on it.

So anyway.  I'm back.  I probably won't be able to post too much when work is nuts again coming up, but I don't intend to stay away so long again. 

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:48:39 PM »
Good to see you back, Marie. 🎉

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 10:48:57 PM »
Glad your back .. like your posts
Thank you
David

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 04:35:58 AM »
Welcome back!  Hope your mom gets better! 
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 01:39:44 AM »
Thanks. :)

I think she is mostly feeling better, though she feels a bit like she is stuck in the house and that is getting to her.  There are a few steps she has to go down to get off the deck, and the steps are difficult for her, so she hasn't gone out much.  So that is getting on her nerves a bit. 

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 02:36:05 PM »
Hi Marie! Great to seeya again. Hope everything is ok =)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 12:57:38 AM »
Hi. :)
Everything is pretty good.  Mostly just been busy.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 08:55:09 PM »
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 01:47:30 AM »
Thank you. :)

Well I survived my first day of tax season.  Only 105 more to go - deadline is the 18th this year because of a holiday that DC observes on the 15th.  And yes I know the count...I have an app on my phone.  :laugh: