• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Big
« on: April 11, 2014, 08:07:21 PM »
     Big (1988/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Penny Marshall
Writing:Gary Ross (Writer), Anne Spielberg (Writer)
Length:130 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:Chinese, English, Korean, Spanish

Stars:
Tom Hanks as Josh
Elizabeth Perkins as Susan
Robert Loggia as MacMillan
John Heard as Paul
Jared Rushton as Billy
David Moscow as Young Josh

Plot:
Tom Hanks recieved his first Best Actor Oscar® Nomination in 1988 for his captivating performance in this "hilarious" (Newsweek), "disarming" (The Washington Post) and timeless film for dreamers of all ages. All twelve-year-old Josh Baskin (Hanks) wants is to be big. But when his wish is granted beyond his wildest dreams, Josh finds a new face in the mirror...his own, at age 30. Now, aided only by his boisterous best friend, he'll have to keep the secret of his true age as he tries to fill his own oversized shoes. But as his innocent charms help him rise to the top of the adult world, Josh will face the biggest decision of his life — return to his own age, or remain big forever.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Theatrical & Extended Cut

My Thoughts:
I wanted to check this one out again after recently upgrading to the Blu-ray release. This is a movie I have always enjoyed quite a bit. It is just a fun movie to watch. I think Tom Hanks did a wonderful job playing an innocent kid inside a grown up body. Though that shouldn't be surprising... he is good in pretty much all he does. Whether it is comedy or serious roles. The Blu-ray release is much better then the pan and scan DVD I had before getting this one. But how could it not be?

My Rating:
Pete