Author Topic: Kick-Ass 2  (Read 1704 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Kick-Ass 2
« on: March 29, 2014, 01:42:05 AM »
     Kick-Ass 2 (2013/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Director:Jeff Wadlow
Writing:Mark Millar (Original Material By), John S. Romita, Jr. [John S. Romita Jr] (Original Material By), Jeff Wadlow (Screenwriter)
Length:103 min.
Rating:Rated R : Strong Violence, Pervasive Language, Crude and Sexual Content and Brief Nudity
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Dave Lizewski/Kick-Ass
Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy Macready/Hit-Girl
Morris Chestnut as Detective Marcus Williams
Claudia Lee as Brooke
Amy Anzel as Mrs Zane
Clark Duke as Marty/Battle Guy

Plot:
Self-made superhero Kick-Ass (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and sweet-faced, foul-mouthed assassin Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) try to return to life as "normal" teenagers, but soon they are faced with their deadliest challenge yet. To seek revenge for his father's death, Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) has re-invented himself as the leader of an evil league of super-villains. To defeat their new nemesis, Kick-Ass and Hit Girl must team up with a new wave of masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), in this battle of real-life villains and heroes.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I have been looking forward to seeing this film since I seen the first one. To be honest... I ejoyed the first one more.... but this one is still a whole lot of fun to watch. As with the first one... I really liked Chloë Grace Moretz as Hit Girl. She is my favorite character in either film. I had my concerns about Jim Carrey being in this movie... but felt he did better then I expected. One thing I did NOT care for in this film was the "Sick Stick"... thought that was going more for the gross-out humor... something I really never cared for. Though I must say... I did like Hit Girl's motorcycle. Kinda reminded me of Batgirl from the old '60s Batman TV series. Over-all I am thrilled I finally got this one added to my collection... definitely recommended!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kick-Ass 2
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 01:51:10 AM »
I was quite disappointed when I saw this at the cinema last year. There is not enough Hit Girl in this and it just generally seemed less focused than the first one. Talk about expectations not met...

I rewatched a few weeks ago, knowing what it would be like. It worked much better this time around (even incl. the sick stick bit).

While the third comic book series is almost complete (Mark Millar said it will be the last), it seems chances of a third movie are extremely thin at this point :shrug: