Author Topic: Gravity  (Read 2583 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Gravity
« on: March 24, 2014, 02:11:56 PM »
     Gravity (2013/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Esperanto Filmoj, Heyday Films
Director:Alfonso Cuarón
Writing:Alfonso Cuarón (Writer), Jonás Cuarón (Writer)
Length:91 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Intense Perilous Sequences, Some Disturbing Images and Brief Strong Language
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Sandra Bullock as Ryan Stone
George Clooney as Matt Kowalski
Ed Harris as Mission Control Voice
Orto Ignatiussen as Aningaaq Voice
Phaldut Sharma as Shariff Voice
Amy Warren as Explorer Captain Voice

Plot:
Dr. Ryan Stone (Oscar® winner* Sandra Bullock) is a brilliant engineer on her first shuttle mission with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalski (Oscar® winner* George Clooney). On a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalski completely alone, tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the darkness. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go farther out into the terrifying expanse of space.

*Bullock – Actress in a Leading Role, The Blind Side (2009). Clooney – Actor in a Supporting Role, Syriana (2005) and as a Producer of the Best Picture Argo (2012).

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy
  • Aningaaq - A Short Film by Jonás Cuarón

My Thoughts:
As most of you know... I am a big fan of Sandra Bullock. So when I first saw the trailer for this film I couldn't wait to add it to my collection. I never seen this film before today. And I must say... I did enjoy it. Though I have to admit... I was expecting a little more from it then what I got. I think in the case of this one I let the hype get to me a little. Though I am not trying to complain... definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

I have the DVD/Blu-ray Combo of this film... took the opportunity to watch the Blu-ray disc for this viewing. The sites and sounds was fantastic. And the story was interesting. But there was just something about the trailer and all they hype that made me expect a little more from it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Gravity
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:39:33 PM »
I have had the BD for over a week, and I have resisted the temptation to watch it immediately. I'm trying to keep it for a little while in hope that my expectations will cool off a bit. Don't know if it will work. It may have the opposite effect...  :-[

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 05:17:15 PM »
Bought my copy because I got it cheap on Amazon Lightning-Deals (€ 9,97), but in fact all I am expecting from this one is to hear Sandra wheeze, groan and scream.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 09:57:28 PM »
Well, i really enjoyed it. Give it a chance Gunnar ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »
Give it a chance Gunnar ;)
Any day now...