Author Topic: Despicable Me 2  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Despicable Me 2
« on: January 05, 2014, 04:38:44 AM »

Despicable Me 2
Year of Release: 2013
Directed By: Chris Renaud, Pierre Coffin
Starring: Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Benjamin Bratt, Miranda Cosgrove
Genre: Comedy, Adventure

Overview:
Gru, his adorable girls, and the mischievous Minions are back with a cast of unforgettable new characters in the blockbuster sequel to the worldwide phenomenon.  Just as Gru has given up being super-bad to be a super-dad, the Anti-Villain League recruits him to track down a new criminal mastermind and save the world.  Partnered with secret agent Lucy Wilde, Gru, along with the wildly unpredictable Minions, must figure out how to keep his cover while also keeping up with his duties as a father.  Assemble the Minions for laugh-out-loud comedy in "one of the funniest, most enjoyable movies ever!" (MovieGuide)

My Thoughts:
I loved everything about the first movie, so it was a given that I was excited - and apprehensive - about a sequel. I had nothing to fear - and neither do you if you loved the first film. This is just as delightful and just as entertaining. It's great to see Gru again, and the girls, especially Agnes who has a nice part here. I liked Gru's new partner, Lucy, and felt she was a good match with him. Of course, the best part of all of the film are the Minions, who are funny and adorable and fantastic. I want some for my very own. There's definitely a lot of heart in the film, but there's also a lot of laughs (courtesy of the Minions), inventive gadgets and a dose of action. If things drag a bit in the mall, the rest of the film is so much fun I would recommend it for anyone.

I want my own Minion!

Bechdel Test:  Pass

Overall: 4/5
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Despicable Me 2
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 03:48:42 PM »
Yeah... I enjoyed it too. Was a lot of fun. :)
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:20:28 AM »
The minions are cute..I wouldn't mind having a few of them either.   :)  Very fun movie.  I saw it in the theater when it was out over the summer.  I got the Blu-ray for Christmas..I need to watch it again.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 05:19:48 AM »
I think the happiness to "own" a few minions will fade away quickly, once they start wreaking havoc at your home :P

I also watched Despicable Me 2 last week. Not having watched the first one was not a problem at all. Enjoyed it a lot, especially for its often off-beat humor.